Wide mouthed Stainless thermos..

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
GillyBee

Re: Wide mouthed Stainless thermos..

Post by GillyBee »

I find that baby sterilizing tablets are also good to sort out stinky thermos and water bottles. Just rinse well after.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

GillyBee wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:46 pm I find that baby sterilizing tablets are also good to sort out stinky thermos and water bottles. Just rinse well after.
I used to use those to clean my double-walled steel work mugs, they both developed a leak in the inner . I think it was where the tablet tended to sit while fizzing.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
redskies

Post by redskies »

Alf_resco. wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:19 pm
redskies wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:38 pm Got a bog standard one from Argos. Just rinse well, soak in hot & soapy, then wash thoroughly - a big bottle brush can help with that. If it smells, I leave it standing filled with water & a tablespoon of bicarb.

Anything I have like that, if it's stored long term, it gets a tablespoon of bicarb dropped in it and the lid set on top but not done up tight. Easy enough to rinse it out before use & stops it getting that musty smell.
I love that.
"If in doubt, drop a tablespoon of Bicarb in"

Motto for life.
Good stuff, bicarb :mrgreen:

(So are vinegar & salt, come to that, much underrated!)
redskies

Post by redskies »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:17 pm BTW I have a bog brush (bought new for the purpose) I use as a bottlebrush because regular ones are a bit skinny
Brand new brush usually for behind radiators or blinds here. I just use snips to take off what I want lengthwise, then bend the ends round so the bristles don't escape/there are no sharp bits.