solar security lights

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ukpreppergrrl

Re: solar security lights

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

I bought this a year ago. Works fab and because the solar panel is incorporated into the light fitting there are no wire for the foxes to bite through. Works for me because the light part is facing north so the solar panel part is facing south. However....it's now twice the price I paid for it a year ago!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... =UTF8&th=1
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

Rusty74 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:20 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:12 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:00 pm well managed to get my hands on one of these today after work,was last one in the shop,set it up at the far end of the garden where it is poorly light at night,now awaiting darkness to see how much light it will put out cheers for the links to it folks....

Found on the early ones the sensitivity adjuster didn't do much angled up slightly stops the cats setting it off as much.....
cheers for the heads up on that mate im sure ours will set it off at some point so will make adjustments to it,will try this one out tonight and see if i can get hold of some more for around the house have seen some spear and jackson ones in home bargins but not sure about them...
well all i can say is i need to get more of these there great,can see me dotting them all around the house and far end of the garden cheers for the info mate...
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Rusty74 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:59 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:20 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Found on the early ones the sensitivity adjuster didn't do much angled up slightly stops the cats setting it off as much.....
cheers for the heads up on that mate im sure ours will set it off at some point so will make adjustments to it,will try this one out tonight and see if i can get hold of some more for around the house have seen some spear and jackson ones in home bargins but not sure about them...
well all i can say is i need to get more of these there great,can see me dotting them all around the house and far end of the garden cheers for the info mate...
No problem...

These look identical to the ones Lidl were flogging the other year when I got mine but the price on here :shock:

https://shop.nightsearcher.com/product/ ... SENTRY1000

One lives on the extra long fence post I put in by the patio (screwed solar to the top and lamp just below). With a stainless steel sheet bent to a L shape to keep direct Rain off it other lives under the shed roof overhang they are Rain resistant but like most things they last longer with a bit of shelter

The ones I have have a inline plug and socket stuff it full of vasaline or silicon grease
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

No problem...

These look identical to the ones Lidl were flogging the other year when I got mine but the price on here :shock:

https://shop.nightsearcher.com/product/ ... SENTRY1000

One lives on the extra long fence post I put in by the patio (screwed solar to the top and lamp just below). With a stainless steel sheet bent to a L shape to keep direct Rain off it other lives under the shed roof overhang they are Rain resistant but like most things they last longer with a bit of shelter

The ones I have have a inline plug and socket stuff it full of vasaline or silicon grease
[/quote]

wow you can get 2 from lidel for the price of these ones :shock: :shock: :shock:

i will have to keep an eye out for when more are back in stock in our nearest store...
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...