U.K. Prepper Weaponry ?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Lone

U.K. Prepper Weaponry ?

Post by Lone »

I’ve got a couple of survival-related, but not serious books ordered.

However, today in another idle moment, thought I would look Google Images under the search heading U.K. PREPPERS, to see how many images cropped up of real-life UK preppers.

Surprised to see several U.K. (?) preppers appear to have added weapons to their kit, including firearms, but wondered if they were airsoft or such like, used more as a visible deterrent, as some of what I seen I really don’t think would be in private ownership, unless certificated deactivated types.

Are they just for show, as I think they really give a negative opinion of prepping.

Many of course have things like bows, crossbows, etc., likely meant more for hunting I guess, but even then, I’ve never considered acquiring any real weapons, as I feel everyday items can be used just as well, if, and hopefully not, needing to defend oneself, family or property

With what is happening right now, do you think there may be a worrying development of people now arming themselves in the U.K., as I only ever connected such defence with other countries ?
omega man

Re: U.K. Prepper Weaponry ?

Post by omega man »

Not sure weapons are to be discussed here?
OM
Lone

Post by Lone »

Omega

Yes, I know. I don’t really want to discuss weapons themselves and usage, but the possibility many (outside of those on this forum) may be considering more on how to defend themselves, now that a pandemic has occurred, plus civil unrest.

In short, a topic about human fear and reactions to any real or imagined threats.

There does seem to be a surge in violence, and now that lockdown is easing even more, tensions will be high...and confrontations likely.

People are scared.

Indeed, this topic might be better placed in another section of the forum
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I'll just add that using bows or crossbows for hunting is illegal in this country.

I hope that none of the members on here have posted such images.

Fear causes even the most rational of us to behave irrationally
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

Cease and desist! No ,Nada,Zip and zero discussion about weapons. End of.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.