Shotgun license

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
axelt123

Shotgun license

Post by axelt123 »

Just to let you guys know i have just had my interview for a shotgun cert and the officer said that the prices are going up in a few months, 2-3 fold for a new grant or renewal. It will be about £200 instead of £50 for a new applicant and about £120-150 for a renewal instead of £40.

These rises will also be the same for rifles

axel
scoobie

Shotgun license

Post by scoobie »

Ouch! Is that for all areas, or just yours? Not heard anything about it in the shooting press?!

Any idea if FAC variations are going up too?
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
axelt123

Re: Shotgun license

Post by axelt123 »

i dont know if it is all areas but she said it has been planning for a while she said it should be that in a few months to a year all cost are going up
Triple_sod

Post by Triple_sod »

I read something about this a few months ago.
http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/516961 ... nd200.html

It’s a real knee jerk policy, specifically designed to cut down on the number of gun owners by stealth, although while most shooters will grumble I doubt many will be put off.
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

Have you ever noticed that you can only get a license for something that is lawful.

You can't get a license for anything that is unlawful. So if something is lawful, why should we need a license. Surely we are all entitled to do something lawful without permission from the government.

Please note that I am talking about lawful and not legal. There is a huge difference between the two. I do not have a problem doing things that are illegal but I will not do anything that is unlawful.

It just annoys me that we have to ask permission like we are children asking to stay up an extra half hour or if we can play out.

If you do a bit a research you will find that there are actually only 4 lasw that apply to living breathing human beings.

Anyway, I agree that it is a ploy by the PTB to make it harder for people to own shotguns.

Be lucky
Meyou

Post by Meyou »

What are these laws?
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

The laws that apply to Human Beings are:
1) Do no harm to others.
2) Cause no loss to others
3) Do not commit acts of fraud in your contracts.
4) Do not breach the peace.

Number 4 is not what you think. It is actually threatening to do one of the other 3. "I'll kill you!" would be a breach of the peace. Playing your stereo a bit too loud is not a breach of the peace.

Everything else is a statute or an act which only apply to companies (Fictional Entities).

How can they enforce these on you if you are not a company? Because the government sets up a company with your name when your parents register your birth. Read that again for it to sink in.

If you break a LAW you will go to court (a court de jure) with a judge and jury. If you are guilty you deserve everything you get.

If you break a statute or act, the policymen will ask for your name and date of birth. This is so they can see which company they are going to screw to the wall.

Then they read you your rights and ask if you "UNDERSTAND". They are actually asking if you agree to "STAND UNDER" statute law. i.e. will you act on behalf of the company. If you say yes you are going to be out of pocket. Why? Because you will go to court (a court de facto) usually with 3 magistrates. You will not get a fair hearing here. All courts in the UK are limited companies trading for profit with shareholders. You might want to read that again.

If you are prepared to spend a couple of hours in the cells then do not give your name or date of birth and do not say yes when they read you your rights. After a couple of hours in the cells they will kick you out. Honestly.

Obviously this does not apply to LAWS. Break one of those and you are up before the beak and a jury of your pears.

The 4 laws at the top are common laws which are the same as common sense. They cover everything that is of any importance. Think of a crime that does not have a victim and it will be a staute or act. If it has a victim then I am pretty sure it will be a LAW. I know of at least one case where someone was caught with some cannabis. They refused to give a name or date of birth and spent 3 hours in the cells then they got booted out with no charges. THEY NEED YOUR NAME! Without it they are powerless.

Common Law = Common Sense (Think of it as "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you")

If you draw up a "Notice of Understanding & Intent and Claim of Right" (Google it) you can make your own laws. You say in it what you are going to do, i.e. Own a gun, Build whatever you want on your land, Grow & Smoke whatever you want on your land, etc. You then send to whatever government department/Police Force you think should know and give them 14 days to contest it. If they don't, and they won't as long as it does not break any of the first 4 laws, you have given yourself "Lawful Excuse" and they can't take you to court.

They are consenting. Have you ever had a Notice from your credit card company saying they are changing the terms and conditions and that if you agree, you do not have to do anything. You are consenting and giving them permission. Consent and assent are basically the same except assent requires you to do something and consent doesn't.

I am not condoning breaking the law. Laws are there to protect people but statutes and acts are only there to raise money with fines. Licenses are among the ways they tax us for more money.

Remember that Police and government officials are "PUBLIC" servants. You are the public and they work for you. Unfortunately, they have forgotten that and are usually little Hitler's and jobsworths.

Sorry if it looks like I have hijacked the thread but you did ask.

Be lucky (and lawful)
Red Doe

Post by Red Doe »

Thanks for that...extremely interesting and enlightening.
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

No Problem, if you need any more info just ask.

I will make a new thread if there is enough interest. I plan on building my earthship using my Notice of Understanding. I also intend to have a gun although the "LEGAL" road will probably not be an option as no legitamate gun shop would not sell me one without a license.

If I did obtain one through a "Questionable" route, at least I will see it as one less gun in the hands of criminals and one less that could be used againt members of this forum. So I am actually doing everyone on here a favour. ;)

Be lucky
Ian

Post by Ian »

That is different to the law I was taught (I specilised in health, safety, environmental law). Can you give me some references so I may go a little deeper into the details. I am retired now but facets of your explanation would clear up some odd decisions in the past that I never grasped.