Paracord Bracelets

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Lone

Paracord Bracelets

Post by Lone »

Noticed in my mini survival kits, there are paracord bracelets, have to confess thought they were more ornamental Survivalist items, never really thought they were a way of securing a length of cord on your person at all times.

Rookie mistake I guess... :roll:
Lone

Re: Paracord Bracelets

Post by Lone »

Only just found out that part of the clip is an inbuilt firefighter, a whistle, plus on the outer band a compass...how damn clever...thought it was just a decorative bracelet with compass :roll:
redskies

Post by redskies »

Lol, even without the extras, it's handy to have paracord on you. Just make sure you know how to undo it/do it back up again if you need to use it :)
Lone

Post by Lone »

Red skies

Yes, making one of the bracelets yourself is a bit of an art/craft in itself...seen some instructions around on the net on how to do it..kind of a weave or pleating sort of thing.

Such is an aspect never thought of before, prep gear in plain sight so to speak... :)
Lone

Post by Lone »

Couple of good size but lightweight carabiners are included in the kit, not suitable for climbing though, more to hang a bit of light kit off belt or pack...a few little oddment too to hang on key ring, like a mini-led light.

I’m glad I bought these but will see just how useful they are over time....
redskies

Post by redskies »

Oh, I have some of those carabiners, they're great. I use them for my water bottle on one side, monocular on the other when I'm out walking, since my pack has D rings on the straps. And for keyrings too - and if you know how, you can join a split ring to a carabiner with paracord :P
redskies

Post by redskies »

Lone wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:07 pm Red skies

Yes, making one of the bracelets yourself is a bit of an art/craft in itself...seen some instructions around on the net on how to do it..kind of a weave or pleating sort of thing.

Such is an aspect never thought of before, prep gear in plain sight so to speak... :)
They're not difficult to do at all. I usually have some form of cordage about my person/in my pack - and have made sure I know how to make it from whatever is about, from grass & reeds to plastic bags/bottles or clothing etc.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

The only real use of paracord bracelets is to let preppers identify each other in public without saying anything.
jansman

Post by jansman »

featherstick wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:22 pm The only real use of paracord bracelets is to let preppers identify each other in public without saying anything.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

featherstick wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:22 pm The only real use of paracord bracelets is to let preppers identify each other in public without saying anything.
:lol:

Pretty much how I see it too. I usually have a couple metres of paracord but its halved, halved and halved again and knotted over itself. Handy for an emergency dog lead if I forget to put them round my neck or whatever else I can think off.

I'm far too much of a 'grey' kind of a cat to wear a paracord bracelet but each to their own.