Tac Vest/Fishing Vest Comparison

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Lone

Tac Vest/Fishing Vest Comparison

Post by Lone »

Noticed on forums several appear to have acquired tactical-type vests, robust pockets and pouches in numbers, for carrying small and medium items, but if anything points you out as a prepper, by wearing something of such quality, and a bit out of the norm.

However, I purchase a lightweight fishing vest that folds into nothing, fitting into jacket pockets, but ideal for carrying smaller items under a jacket, less noticeable, but such items being secure and ready to hand.

If anything, it gets people used to seeing you wearing such an everyday item, that if you do upgrade gradually to a tac-type Vest, it might not be such a jump to go from the likes of a multi-tool belt, etc., up to survival type jacket...easing in the visual appearance of prep gear accumulation.

I was thinking the fishing vest would be an ideal item, that anybody in a group could wear, which held some med supplies to hand for convenience, instead of in packs, etc., even as a temporary fix, perhaps even packing the vest (or more) along with the med supplies, in a BOB.
Lone

Re: Tac Vest/Fishing Vest Comparison

Post by Lone »

Turns out this fishing vest is ideal...the pockets/pouches hold all the small items that are in my two survival kits, including the mini med items...everything easy to hand but not in the way...pretty much unassuming when wearing a jacket on top...