SCHOOL-EMERGENCY Kit

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ForgeCorvus

Re: SCHOOL-EMERGENCY Kit

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Pingu: I'm sure we're agreeing. In an emergency the Teacher's (and TA's) job is to look after the kids.
A single set of work gloves, one pack of lifeboat rations and a tiny bottle of water are pretty useless.

So, what would we recommend as a kit ? So far I'm thinking:

Bullhorn (might only need one or two for the whole school)

More foil blankets then the largest class size
Several bottles of water (lots of smaller ones rather then a couple of big ones ?)
Hi-Vis X2 for the teacher and TA
Packets of tissues.

Maybe one of those ropes with handles they use for 'walking buses'

A kit for each class makes more sense then just having three spread about the building(s)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Sorry yes - I was digressing from the original question! *oops*. Yes I think the rope is a brilliant idea. We use ropes with the pre-schoolers at playgroup. Definitely enough foil blankets for the whole class along with the normal first aid bits. I like the wind up torches that were in the kit shown. Wind up is good as you don't need to worry about battery expiry dates.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

As long as you keep the wind up ones charged once flat the battery is usually beyond redemption...
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine