Sandvik Axe

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Citizen H

Re: Sandvik Axe

Post by Citizen H »

grenfell wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:39 pm The only axe I have as decoration is a 15/16th century side axe. It would probably be ok to use and part of me actually wants to give it a go but the other part of me would be gutted if anything went wrong. I have some axes that need sharpening or hafting and one roofing hammer/axe which I leant out only for someone to snap the blade. It's been welded and my father riveted a length of steel pipe onto it as a handle so it's not the best tool to use now but I had it when I first started work so I suppose there's a sort of sentimental value to it.
that's the trouble of lending tools out, I had a similar situation with a power drill, a so called mate borrowed it to put up some selves, a year later I needed it back, after numerous calls I eventually went around to said mates house, needless to say it looked like it had been to hell and back, when I expressed my displeasure the only comment I got back was " I didn't think you wanted it back!" lesson learnt, I never loan out tools out!
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"