Poundland Rechargeable Batteries

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Arwen Thebard

Poundland Rechargeable Batteries

Post by Arwen Thebard »

I've been using some Kodak rechargeable batteries purchased from Poundland and they have lasted very well.

They have been fitted to our BT freeway walkie talkies (4 x AA each) and small LED flashlights (3 x AAA each) for about 3 months now (bought in August and recharged as and when required) and so far we can tell no difference in the discharge rate compared to the Duracell ones we usually fit, but at a fraction of the price. We will be using them more often now and for longer each time, so lets see, but our first impressions are very good.

Also one of the cheap £1 mini flashlights from Poundland has performed very well. OK it's no where near as bright as the same sized Maglite, but for a quid its a no brainer as a back up.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Deeps

Re: Poundland Rechargeable Batteries

Post by Deeps »

Good to know, cheers mate. I've had variable results with the cheaper rechargeable's, I'll give the Poundland ones a shot, assuming i can get some without the missus giving me sh1t for buying more batteries. :oops:
jansman

Post by jansman »

I can second the Poundland rechargeable batteries.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:12 pm I can second the Poundland rechargeable batteries.
Cheers mate, I'll try and be sneaky and grab some when I can.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

I think the quality of these must be very variable, I had some that were terrible, maybe only 450mah compared to the advertised and one failed completely on it's second charging.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Deeps lidl have 4 packs of tronic ones in for £2.99 ;) (were in last week)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:25 pm Deeps lidl have 4 packs of tronic ones in for £2.99 ;) (were in last week)
Cheers mate. I do have a healthy supply of batteries both rechargeable and non rechargeable and that kind of goes against me, Her Maj is well aware of this and if I go anywhere near batteries then she initially assumes I'm winding her up and then spits the dummy out when she realises I'm not. :lol: I'll need to be a bit more covert about it all.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Deeps wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:31 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:25 pm Deeps lidl have 4 packs of tronic ones in for £2.99 ;) (were in last week)
Cheers mate. I do have a healthy supply of batteries both rechargeable and non rechargeable and that kind of goes against me, Her Maj is well aware of this and if I go anywhere near batteries then she initially assumes I'm winding her up and then spits the dummy out when she realises I'm not. :lol: I'll need to be a bit more covert about it all.

Lidl also sell flowers :mrgreen:

All been well off to the allotment Tomorrow with the generator and rotorvator
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:37 pm
Lidl also sell flowers :mrgreen:

All been well off to the allotment Tomorrow with the generator and rotorvator
:lol: Good shout mate.

We'll be off to the new allotment tomorrow too, no genies and heavy machinery though.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

preparedsurrey wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:21 pm I think the quality of these must be very variable, I had some that were terrible, maybe only 450mah compared to the advertised and one failed completely on it's second charging.
Very true, I can only vouch for the Kodak branded ones, the others I've tried from Poundland previously have been much less reliable.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"