My keyring

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Proverbs2712

My keyring

Post by Proverbs2712 »

Here's a photograph of my keyring set up. The mini tool from Leatherman is great and is used almost daily. The torch is very powerful for the size at 350 lumens. You can cycle through the output modes of brightness too. It is recharged by USB which is handy. It even tells you when it is low on charge. The metal capsule is handy for little items. The onetigris keyring is great. The cross is there as it is my faith.
The only negative about all my items is that nothing stays black .
I'd like to know what people think and any suggestions.
Last edited by Proverbs2712 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jansman

Re: My keyring

Post by jansman »

No photo.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Proverbs2712

Post by Proverbs2712 »

Apologies. Here it is.
Attachments
20181109_180844.jpg
jansman

Post by jansman »

It’s what works for you mate. Main thing is, you have the kit that you want, with you.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Agree with Jansman, if it works for you then it does its job. I carry a LOT of stuff in my pockets, I've 2 wallets for starters plus a key ring of EDC as well as a key ring of keys (I split them as it was just too bulky) and also a SAK and phone. In amongst that there is 3 torches (and I'm waiting on a potential 4th from China) and I'm not including my phone in that. Overkill ? maybe but it comfortably fits into the pockets of my breeks pockets. Just minded, there's a Bic pen in there too.

Its not a competition though, carry what works for YOU.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Deeps wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:41 pm as well as a key ring of keys (I split them as it was just too bulky) and also a SAK and phone.
I've got two key rings , one has just the van and trailer keys on it and the other has house keys , customer keys and probably a few on there I really should chuck away as they don't belong to anything now. It also has a p38 tin opener on it. Swiss Army knife and sometimes my phone although not always as I find it gets in the way or , er , falls out and into a fishpond :( Occasionally I will carrry a pair of pliers , lighter and a little hand held chuck type of thing which can take screwdriver bits or drills.
Other than that I can only echo what jansman and deeps says , carry what you are happy with . One question though to proverbs. When you say you use the multitool daily do you use it still attached to the key ring or do you take it off to use it? I only ask because at one point I attached a few things to my SAK but soon got irritated by them getting in the way when I came to use it so much so that I've now taken them off.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Proverbs2712 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:30 pm Apologies. Here it is.
Grenfell: It looks like the MT is clipped on with the snap-hook rather then fixed.

Proverbs: Is that the Scissors or the Pliers version you've got there? I have the Scissors and use them surprisingly often.

I think the worn look is quite nice myself, proves its not just there for show
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Ah good spotting there forge , I missed that bit . Mind you I've seen people ignore those in the past and just struggle on. I tend to prefer things separate rather than having one larger bunch of stuff even iff some off it is on quick release hooks but each to his own . I do agree with the worn look though , shiney and brand new just says ornament .
@TRider

Post by @TRider »

When it comes to key rings, I am a fan of the 'True Utility' kit. Most of it is relatively cheap and much of it is keychain friendly. My kit is spread between what is kept with my car keys and what is on my other key fob when I am going out without my vehicle. Both contain a small torch and clip. My car keys have a T.U. 'cash-stash' attached, although the new polymer notes are not so easy to fold! I always carry my SAK in any case, and a separate torch usually as well. As always it is a toss up between carrying stuff and practicality. If you travel during the day mostly in built up areas, a £20 note may get you further than a 1000 lumen torch in an emergency! The T.U. bullet light attached to the car keys punches above its weight although is still no substitute for a 'proper' Lightsource. One of the 'keys' attached to the carabiner is actually a small multi-tool offering a bottle opener, small crosshead screwdriver and flat head screwdriver all in one.
20181111_171302.jpg
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I'm another fan of the True Utility stuff, got a fair bit of their stuff in my pockets.