Wearing of army clothing in town.

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Trojanhorse

Re: Wearing of army clothing in town.

Post by Trojanhorse » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:32 pm

Also look at Ark Air this is part of Arktis but for the civy market but to the same quality. Expensive new but 2nd hand is appearing.

munchh

Post by munchh » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:07 am

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:15 pm
I think the olive stripe really highlights the mtp trousers :tinfoil
I like it 😎

I wear helicon gear every day. Normaly shorts in coyote brown. I used to wear the American camo trousers but you just cant get them now. I do like the 3 colour desert but i cut the combats down to shorts.
But the last time i wore the helucon combats and jacket i got asked if i was a mercinary so i dont tend to do the double unless im up the woods or fishing now.
I still think its funny that army surpluss camo is looked at funny but if its come from Next, Superdry or George at Asda nobody bats an eyelid 🙄
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.

jenkinstein

Post by jenkinstein » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 am

Years ago went to get an ex army landrover with my dad... it was raining so I wore a pair of DPM trousers as it's inevitable to get oily wetness on them.... closest tshirt to hand was an olive green one with a red skull in the middle from the band "de-mob" never heard of them but liked the t-shirt...it was hammering down and only water proof jacket was ex army DPM gortex… I knew the place we were going to take the landy to was a muddy yard so on went my boots... ex army para boots.... so with the jacket zipped 3/4 I looked very much double camo and olive tishirt… I remember looking in the mirror and thinking "you got this... no worse than double denim"

I got to Dad's house and there he is in Tesco DPM cargo trousers and reaching for a DPM jacket we both had our heads shaved to number 1. Both 6'+.... couldn't have looked any more like wannabe warriors if we tried....

I often wear DPM trousers and I've noticed that most people who take the mick are wide boy geezer types who love themselves far too much!

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:30 pm

jenkinstein wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 am
Years ago went to get an ex army landrover with my dad... it was raining so I wore a pair of DPM trousers as it's inevitable to get oily wetness on them.... closest tshirt to hand was an olive green one with a red skull in the middle from the band "de-mob" never heard of them but liked the t-shirt...it was hammering down and only water proof jacket was ex army DPM gortex… I knew the place we were going to take the landy to was a muddy yard so on went my boots... ex army para boots.... so with the jacket zipped 3/4 I looked very much double camo and olive tishirt… I remember looking in the mirror and thinking "you got this... no worse than double denim"

I got to Dad's house and there he is in Tesco DPM cargo trousers and reaching for a DPM jacket we both had our heads shaved to number 1. Both 6'+.... couldn't have looked any more like wannabe warriors if we tried....

I often wear DPM trousers and I've noticed that most people who take the mick are wide boy geezer types who love themselves far too much!

I've done similar few years back deep snow / slush I was going for a beer or 2..

Combat boots (Matterhorn goretex lined)

Dpm goretex trousers and jacket over down jacket and some "shoe chains"

Marching down the underpass I attracted the attention of the local teenagers who hang round in groups doing nothing much else but taking the piss out of anyone they feel like..

They marched behind me shouting left right left right.... It was approaching dusk the slush was refreezing...

Squeal behind me as one hit the deck dragging 2 others down with her.....

Quick cheer and a laugh I matched on been called all sorts of names :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine