Body Fluid Spills Kits

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Medusa

Body Fluid Spills Kits

Post by Medusa »

Just wondering if anyone has these for a SHTF scenario where they would bug in or if they would just use paper towel, bleach solution and bin liners as they aren't cheap. I do have a few clinical waste bags which I bought last year.
Growing old disgracefully!
xplosiv1

Re: Body Fluid Spills Kits

Post by xplosiv1 »

thats not something I've even considered ..... or plan to prep for.

if it came to it I suppose paper towels, saw dust , bleach and warm water.

is it something that really requires a commercially available overpriced "kit" ???

maybe if dealing with someone you know has a infectious disease or virus .... but to be honest in SHTF scenario and that was the cause of it , I'd just relocate than clean it...... no point in increasing the risk of infection by trying to clean it
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
jansman

Post by jansman »

xplosiv1 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:59 am thats not something I've even considered ..... or plan to prep for.

if it came to it I suppose paper towels, saw dust , bleach and warm water.

is it something that really requires a commercially available overpriced "kit" ???

maybe if dealing with someone you know has a infectious disease or virus .... but to be honest in SHTF scenario and that was the cause of it , I'd just relocate than clean it...... no point in increasing the risk of infection by trying to clean it
I agree. In my line of work we deal with a lot of animal blood. Yesterday I boned a pork shoulder out and I encountered an abscess within. It is a good year or few since I came across one, and was a good opportunity to show less experienced members of staff. I only caught it with the tip of my knife, but it went all over!

No expensive kit. Bin bag, scraper,hot soapy water and then bleach. We are supposed to use a designated sanitiser, but I prefer bleach in these situations.

And as Xplosiv1 pointed out, sawdust for major spillages - that works. Again, I am not supposed to use it, but an egg display stand was pulled over by an unruly child on Friday.That presented one big mess and Slip Hazard! The ladies on the restaurant side were faffing about with blue towel, so I grabbed a large bucket, flour shovel from the bakery and my sawdust bucket. Instant clean up!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Cat litter is also pretty good for any kind of liquid spillage, in fact the company that makes our standard CL is called Oil-Dri and most of their business is spill gear.

Add an industrial grade disinfectant, tyvek suits, gloves and rubble sacks and you've got all you'll ever need
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

We got quizzed at work and got quizzed saw dust " you can't use that it's a pollutant!"

Feck off we are a saw mill...........

"So how do you dispose of it,". [ Smug grin]

We have a industrial wood burner to heat that shed it gets so hot it burns the fire brick supports out

Big rubble bag placed in fire does the trick
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

My brother is a Top End car valeter.Bentley,Maserati etc.Although he does do mainly caravans these days...but I digress.He got a call recently from a funeral director.They had a limo in which a body ' leaked'.They asked him to clean it up.Sooo...he bought a white decorating suit and some goggles,and applied his Trade Protein - eating chemical,with much theatre ,and came back a day later and vacuumed it out,taking care to wear the white suit.£350 quud please! And he got it! And repeat jobs.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:45 pm My brother is a Top End car valeter.Bentley,Maserati etc.Although he does do mainly caravans these days...but I digress.He got a call recently from a funeral director.They had a limo in which a body ' leaked'.They asked him to clean it up.Sooo...he bought a white decorating suit and some goggles,and applied his Trade Protein - eating chemical,with much theatre ,and came back a day later and vacuumed it out,taking care to wear the white suit.£350 quud please! And he got it! And repeat jobs.

:lol:

Bicarbonate soda and charcoal powder

Or autosmart biobrisk

Know of someone who cleans trains after they clean up trespassers... ;)

Money to be made but the wholr tickets and permits with larger firms kills off the del boys , :D

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Forgot nutradol ,:)

itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:45 pm My brother is a Top End car valeter.Bentley,Maserati etc.Although he does do mainly caravans these days...but I digress.He got a call recently from a funeral director.They had a limo in which a body ' leaked'.They asked him to clean it up.Sooo...he bought a white decorating suit and some goggles,and applied his Trade Protein - eating chemical,with much theatre ,and came back a day later and vacuumed it out,taking care to wear the white suit.£350 quud please! And he got it! And repeat jobs.

That's awesome. Ten out of ten for initiative!
jansman

Post by jansman »

itsybitsy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:17 pm

That's awesome. Ten out of ten for initiative!
He even got a couple of ‘Hazardous Area’ signs from somewhere too! Like he says, “people pay people like me to deal with sh?t and vomit.”

Robert Frost.

Me.