Arktis smocks

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Dave999

Arktis smocks

Post by Dave999 »

Hi, I'm looking for a good quality waterproof/outdoor jacket. Something practical and hard wearing.

I've stumbled across Arktis and their seamingly famous smocks.

http://www.arktisoutdoor.co.uk/arktis-m ... smock-b110

Just wondering if anyone has one and what their thoughts are? Are they hardwaring, comfortable, water resistant, practical?

I see they do the B110 smock which doesn't have a lining and a B310 fully water proof (with drop liner) . I seen that would could also get a B110 smock then get a Light Rainshield Coat which makes it a fully water proof system. I thought this maybe the way to go as thought the B310 could be too warm in the British summer but I could adapt to the weather with this combination.
Deeps

Re: Arktis smocks

Post by Deeps »

They look a bit 'military' for me, I'm a bit more 'grey', I tend to wear standard walking stuff from the likes of Berghaus. Whatever works for you though mate.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Yeah that was my thinking, but they do Navy blue, grey, black etc so there are less military style options. Cheers.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Thanks for sharing. Definitely worth considering.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Yup, still got a couple I wear for walking the dugs, wouldn't pick them to walk up hills but at that price they're an absolute steal.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Deeps wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:11 pm
Yup, still got a couple I wear for walking the dugs, wouldn't pick them to walk up hills but at that price they're an absolute steal.
Great, thanks.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Deeps wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:11 pm

I've got a crab one as well but they look more like a flasher Mac and have no hood! The quilted liner is nice though
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:26 pm

I've got a crab one as well but they look more like a flasher Mac and have no hood! The quilted liner is nice though
It it works, it works. There are some bargains out there, some in surplus and some on ebay/Amazon.