16% off Mora

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
xplosiv1

Re: 16% off Mora

Post by xplosiv1 »

Deeps wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:38 pm How much did that set you back mate, I've passed the 16% off info on to a mate so you should be getting more commission. ;)
ha ha ha if i got commission off mora sales someone else would be typing this for me lol

The Tops was reduced to £150, I had a few wines in me when I bought it but when it arrived I wasn't disappointed, it's pretty much indestructible and will probably out last me. its well balanced, comfortable in the hand has a decent weight, shaving sharp out of the box and really holds its edge even when used for some light chopping or battoning work.
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Glad you like it, I can't justify (even to myself) spending that on a knife, I'm happy enough with my Mora's and for larger I've got a nice big kukri (thanks Forge). I do get envious though.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

yeah I know its expensive but if I get 10 years out of it thats £15 a year ....... thats how I justify it to myself anyway :?

I got a new job a while back that pays pretty well, my bills are minimal at this stage and I dont spend much day to day so thought I'd treat myself.
Area 11

Deeps

Post by Deeps »

xplosiv1 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 pm yeah I know its expensive but if I get 10 years out of it thats £15 a year ....... thats how I justify it to myself anyway :?

I got a new job a while back that pays pretty well, my bills are minimal at this stage and I dont spend much day to day so thought I'd treat myself.
Fair do's, we all like to treat ourselves. I had a conversation a few years back where I questioned a mates sanity over how much he spent on going fishing, he turned it around and asked me how much I spent on football and I didn't have a leg to stand on. We do what works for us, let us know how the knife goes when you get a chance to use it.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

Deeps wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:30 pm
xplosiv1 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 pm yeah I know its expensive but if I get 10 years out of it thats £15 a year ....... thats how I justify it to myself anyway :?

Fair do's, we all like to treat ourselves. I had a conversation a few years back where I questioned a mates sanity over how much he spent on going fishing, he turned it around and asked me how much I spent on football and I didn't have a leg to stand on. We do what works for us, let us know how the knife goes when you get a chance to use it.

yup I've had similar conversations with people regarding the amount of money they spend on booze and cigarettes or new cars every year or multiple holidays every year etc etc ....... I guess we all have our vices and mine is practical stuff like tools and outdoor gear. To be honest I do buy a lot of second hand stuff (not clothes though) and will wait for sales if I see something I really want
Area 11