Portable solar battery packs

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Deeps

Re: Portable solar battery packs

Post by Deeps »

Markymark wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:06 pm Evening all.
I purchased the below power bank for when I worked in the Middle East, the power supply wasn’t the best out there even when relying on genny’s. Anker products have worked without fault for me over the last 4 years at work and also out and about in the MH.

Haven’t dabbled with the solar charge side of things but would like to sort out some set up.
Loving the pics and genuine reviews of people’s kit, I hate going by the manufacturers spiel!

https://www.anker.com/uk/products/varia ... 0/A1277011
Cheers for the link, its a bit rich for this cat, 50 quid.... I'm not doubting its effectiveness but I'd grudge that. I've taken a few gambles on Amazon/ebay and mostly been happy with what I've got. I've also used 'non UK standard' supplies over the years. I do like Anker, got a few bits and bobs from them (including a solar panel) and its a brand I trust. Most of my online gambles have paid off though and you can get all shapes and sizes.
jansman

Re: Portable solar battery packs

Post by jansman »

I have one of those. Cracking kit,and will charge 7 devices.I have the smaller one too,about the size of a Mars bar,and it will charge my phone twice.That is for my GHB.The big lad though,will power a couple of LED ligjts with USB leads.Very versatile kit.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.