Interesting new multi-tool in the offing

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
peejay

Interesting new multi-tool in the offing

Post by peejay »

A lot of what they demo is much the same in repetition but some elements of it look quite neat & at a price that doesn't break the bank.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ever ... ing-design#/
Plymtom

Re: Interesting new multi-tool in the offing

Post by Plymtom »

Looking at it I'm thinking, Mmmm I don't need that.....but it's a gadjet I doubt I could walk past with money in my pocket :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Plymtom wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 am Looking at it I'm thinking, Mmmm I don't need that.....but it's a gadjet I doubt I could walk past with money in my pocket :lol:
I hear ya brother. :oops:
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Interesting little tool. The screwdriver ratchet is clever although it doesn't appear to be able to take any or much downward force . A bit bigger and it could take a few different screwdriver bits although I suppose that would defeat the object of it being so small.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

There's quite a lot of choices for this sort of thing, my EDC stuff - trouser pockets has to stop or I'll be needing braces as the belt just wont do it ;)
On a side note do you find that you often solve little problems with items from other hobbies, my dad ( the butcher) I often caught hitting thins with the back of his meat cleaver or trying to undo screws with kitchen knives, my favourite fix in recent years was a sewing machine, the cotton kept shaking itself off as it wasn't such a good fit, hey presto a .223 brass case was deployed over the pin and inside the cotton reel, shaking stopped, or using a reloading press to bend a bracket which didn't quite fit when changing the opening side of a new fridge :lol:

Having thought about it I do believe I could resist this little tool, it's cool and yet it's just a gimmick, ratchet screwdrivers did speed things up as an electrician, but I found some screws like switch/socket plate screws (3.5mm machine screws) unless you got a stiff one, I could spin the screwdriver blade between my thumb and forefinger, and simultaneously rotate my other hand resulting in the screw never stopping until it was all the way in, the early cordless screwdrivers were slower than that method, and the ones more drill like unless you were careful would over-tighten and crack the plate, any gadget like this is to get you out of a fix, most of us will find it is mere duplication of something more capable we already have in our pockets.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Plymtom wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:04 am There's quite a lot of choices for this sort of thing, my EDC stuff - trouser pockets has to stop or I'll be needing braces as the belt just wont do it ;)
On a side note do you find that you often solve little problems with items from other hobbies, my dad ( the butcher) I often caught hitting thins with the back of his meat cleaver or trying to undo screws with kitchen knives, my favourite fix in recent years was a sewing machine, the cotton kept shaking itself off as it wasn't such a good fit, hey presto a .223 brass case was deployed over the pin and inside the cotton reel, shaking stopped, or using a reloading press to bend a bracket which didn't quite fit when changing the opening side of a new fridge :lol:

Having thought about it I do believe I could resist this little tool, it's cool and yet it's just a gimmick, ratchet screwdrivers did speed things up as an electrician, but I found some screws like switch/socket plate screws (3.5mm machine screws) unless you got a stiff one, I could spin the screwdriver blade between my thumb and forefinger, and simultaneously rotate my other hand resulting in the screw never stopping until it was all the way in, the early cordless screwdrivers were slower than that method, and the ones more drill like unless you were careful would over-tighten and crack the plate, any gadget like this is to get you out of a fix, most of us will find it is mere duplication of something more capable we already have in our pockets.
Whoa ! Don't be going throwing common sense about, I'd have to get rid of loads of stuff if I had to have proper justification for it.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Deeps wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Whoa ! Don't be going throwing common sense about, I'd have to get rid of loads of stuff if I had to have proper justification for it.
Sorry mate, I don't know what came over me ;)
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Plymtom wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:35 pm
Deeps wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Sorry mate, I don't know what came over me ;)
:D :D :D
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Plymtom wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:04 am

Having thought about it I do believe I could resist this little tool, it's cool and yet it's just a gimmick...
I resist because I have other tools that cover what this one does ... oh yeah and because I'm tight :D