Airport Friendly EDC kit

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ChefSimon

Airport Friendly EDC kit

Post by ChefSimon »

I've gotta go on a couple of short trips via a plane with work, I will only be taking a small carry-on bag as each trip is only for 2 nights. I have an EDC tin & compact IFAK which is always in my bag. I will not be able to take them on the plane with me (contains a small micro multitool with a blade) and the IFAK contains scissors and a capsule of saline.

So, my question to you is; what tips/tricks do you all have in your EDC which makes them airport friendly?

I've looked at the airport website to get an up-to-date list of restricted items and am now planning a swap out of some items. Just thought I would ask the experts as well...

Thanks in advance.
Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

No plan survives first contact.

Bug in before bugging out. Meet the problem on your terms!
pseudonym

Re: Airport Friendly EDC kit

Post by pseudonym »

Either:

1. Don't take the items that will get confiscated.
2. Post them to yourself.
3. buy replacements out there.
4. Hold luggage.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Yes, the days when security would just shrug at an SAK are long gone. You also got to consider that the security staff are doing a boring, high-speed, low-paid job and anything that breaks the routine - such as telling someone to surrender their nail scissors - is a welcome diversion. If you feel you MUST have an EDC knife, put it in hold or buy one when you get there. A tube of saline will be ok so long as it is less than 100ml.
korolev

Post by korolev »

You could post something using the 'Poste Restante' service. basically you post it to yourself at a local post office.

https://theworklife.com/experience/poste-restante/
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

featherstick wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:04 am A tube of saline will be ok so long as it is less than 100ml.
As long as its in the placcy bag.

Related note..... But only important to half the population.
Marmite make a 70 gram jar just so air travellers can still get their fix.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

I would also check what is legal/illegal in the country you visiting, not just the airport. Some tourist attractions also won't let anything like penknives in so research that before you go too.