GoTenna Mesh

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
defender130

GoTenna Mesh

Post by defender130 »

Anyone heard of, tried or using these ?.

Have just ordered myself a set of 4 to try out, concept and idea seems sound so i thought i would give them a bash, primarily for keeping me and the family in touch around shows or events where the mobile signals are dismal at the best of times and then totally overwhelmed once the sites fill up.

I guess as more people become aware and try them then the viability gets better and better for general use
Deeps

Re: GoTenna Mesh

Post by Deeps »

Is this what you're on about ?

https://www.gotenna.com/pages/mesh

For 200 quid for a pair I'll give it a swerve. Looks interesting though.
defender130

Post by defender130 »

Yes thats the ones

although i didnt pay that much for them, got them off eBay from a US based seller through the global shipping program came to just over £145 for a pair after import duties, vat and delivery where added on, should be here in just over a week

Although the stated range isnt massive depending upon terrain i did read a review where someone had managed 10 miles between them by using one hung under a drone to raise it above all buildings and obstructions

I only mentioned them to my wife in passing originally and after reading a couple of articles / reviews she suggested i just buy some so we could give them a try and once she gives me the ok to spend i dont hang about incase she changes her mind
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

defender130 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:45 pm Yes thats the ones

although i didnt pay that much for them, got them off eBay from a US based seller through the global shipping program came to just over £145 for a pair after import duties, vat and delivery where added on, should be here in just over a week

Although the stated range isnt massive depending upon terrain i did read a review where someone had managed 10 miles between them by using one hung under a drone to raise it above all buildings and obstructions

I only mentioned them to my wife in passing originally and after reading a couple of articles / reviews she suggested i just buy some so we could give them a try and once she gives me the ok to spend i dont hang about incase she changes her mind
Your wife is a bit more understanding than mine, she's better than she was and is now delighted with the wee power bank I bought her years ago but never used until recently but still not full with the programme. As you say, you strike while the iron is hot when you get a green light. ;)
shocker

Post by shocker »

I hope they are better than the stickers that went on your handset that were round a few years back :?

Those things increased range in the region of, hmm let me see...sod all ;)
Last edited by shocker on Thu May 31, 2018 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
shocker

Post by shocker »

Deeps wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:18 pm
defender130 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:45 pm Yes thats the ones

Your wife is a bit more understanding than mine, she's better than she was and is now delighted with the wee power bank I bought her years ago but never used until recently but still not full with the programme. As you say, you strike while the iron is hot when you get a green light. ;)
My Mrs would strangle me if I even hinted at something with those kind of numbers :shock: then she would (being a tech-y type) build something that had the power to fry eggs at 30 miles.

She feels that there is no such situation as "not getting a mobile signal"...apparently it smacks of defeatism. Break out the yagi's and fetch a ladder, says she...
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***