I'm thinking of getting a new EDC torch?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
korolev

Re: I'm thinking of getting a new EDC torch?

Post by korolev »

If it says "fulfilled by Amazon" then the seller gives amazon some items and they put them on the same shelf as other sellers so you don't know where the actual item has come from; You could be buying a genuine item from a reputable seller but get sent a fake item that originated from a dodgy seller.
I tend to avoid chinese sellers as there's so many bad ones.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote: Thanks, it's hard to find a trustworthy source on line, even Amazon have fake stuff sometimes.
On ebay its easy to see where its shipped from. Still not a guarantee if its shipped from the UK of course, they could have imported some to sell on. There are some things I'm happy to chance from China, generally I avoid the electrics but I've got a couple of the usb (usually used through the mains as opposed to a computer/powerbank/solar but I like the ability to off grid) powered 14500/18650 jobbies from China but kept them in the same room as me for the first couple of times I used them. The Nitecore charger I have feels more substantial but is mains fed, its my go to but I use the cheapy ones when I can't be arsed getting off the sofa, I usually have one in the living room.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

I was thinking of getting something like the Thrunite TC20 has anyone got one or used one ...... would be great to get an honest review as they're not cheap.
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Deeps wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:33 pm
sniper 55 wrote: Thanks, it's hard to find a trustworthy source on line, even Amazon have fake stuff sometimes.
On ebay its easy to see where its shipped from. Still not a guarantee if its shipped from the UK of course, they could have imported some to sell on. There are some things I'm happy to chance from China, generally I avoid the electrics but I've got a couple of the usb (usually used through the mains as opposed to a computer/powerbank/solar but I like the ability to off grid) powered 14500/18650 jobbies from China but kept them in the same room as me for the first couple of times I used them. The Nitecore charger I have feels more substantial but is mains fed, its my go to but I use the cheapy ones when I can't be arsed getting off the sofa, I usually have one in the living room.
Got the last 2 of these in Lidl

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L81kiG4DRvs

Biggest drawback is the tail cap / switch is very easy to knock and turn on but for £8 and rechargeable plus ability to top your phone up you can't go wrong
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

My torch I take everywhere is a fenix pd35, has 6 settings, eco, low, med, high, turbo and strobe, turbo is 960 lumens and the strobe is a recognised sos pattern, was around £60 couple of years ago, waterproof and well built, in more than happy with it.
Up in the wet South Lakeland