Spectacles

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
jansman

Spectacles

Post by jansman »

Spectacles or glasses.If you wear 'em,do you have spares? I have to wear for reading and close work,and frankly,I am scuppered without them.I have two pairs and forgot both yesterday.Fortunately that job was only 3 miles away,so my wife brought them in.Next week I start working a lot further away than that,so my spare pair will live permanently in the car. Simple,I know!

In a crisis though,where repair or replacement was non existent,a spare pair could literally be a life saver.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Brambles

Re: Spectacles

Post by Brambles »

I'm the same J. I keep spare pairs of reading glasses all over the place.

I reckon in your line of work a pair of these would be good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Loopies-Magn ... rmvSB=true
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Brambles wrote:I'm the same J. I keep spare pairs of reading glasses all over the place.

I reckon in your line of work a pair of these would be good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Loopies-Magn ... rmvSB=true
What a good idea,I shall "look" at that! :lol:

Yorkshire Andy,that is a cracking link too .Thanks both.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

If you're a driver, you are required by law to carry a spare set of glasses/lenses in the vehicle cab at all times. Ergo, I have a set in the gloves box.
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

I get my glasses from Specsavers where on most of their frames you get 2 for 1. My glasses are always in my bag when they are not on my face, with the spare pair on the shelf under the telly being more for when inevitably I will sit on my main pair! :lol:

I like those magnetic glasses. I saw them on a character in a TV programme and thought they were a magic idea! Much better than sticking your glasses on a string around your neck!
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Le Mouse wrote:I get my glasses from Specsavers where on most of their frames you get 2 for 1. My glasses are always in my bag when they are not on my face, with the spare pair on the shelf under the telly being more for when inevitably I will sit on my main pair! :lol:

I like those magnetic glasses. I saw them on a character in a TV programme and thought they were a magic idea! Much better than sticking your glasses on a string around your neck!
It was the coroner in CSI New York :mrgreen:

I like them too as I find I get in a tangle with the string. I used to have a pair, but left them at work in the staff room and some light fingered colleague lifted them. :evil:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Le Mouse wrote:I get my glasses from Specsavers where on most of their frames you get 2 for 1. My glasses are always in my bag when they are not on my face, with the spare pair on the shelf under the telly being more for when inevitably I will sit on my main pair! :lol:

What??? :shock: How does that work?
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Past 2 pairs of Specsavers glasses the lenses have been naff both sets have crazed got told that I was cleaning them wrong so second vset they rushed me for a bottle big cleaner same thing has happened I'm on my select specs specials again ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Good grief. I still don't wear glasses and I looked at that link to selectspecs in awe ... there's a whole world of stuff that I had no idea about, that I *must* end up needing fairly soon, by the law of averages. Yet more online research needed - I was just going to go wtih a few really cheap pairs from £land.