Spectacles

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Deeps

Re: Spectacles

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:I've got one of those frenzel lens thingies in my wallet, if I forget my glasses I always have my wallet.
Yup, I carry one too. Got a bunch of them somewhere, one in the wallet, never used in anger but there if needed.

I guess that counts as a magnifying glass. Shit. :(
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Deeps wrote:
sniper 55 wrote:I've got one of those frenzel lens thingies in my wallet, if I forget my glasses I always have my wallet.
Yup, I carry one too. Got a bunch of them somewhere, one in the wallet, never used in anger but there if needed.

I guess that counts as a magnifying glass. Shit. :(
We'll just call you Magoo then. :lol:

m.jpg
m.jpg (68.1 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

jansman wrote:Spectacles or glasses.If you wear 'em,do you have spares? I have to wear for reading and close work,and frankly,I am scuppered without them.I have two pairs and forgot both yesterday.Fortunately that job was only 3 miles away,so my wife brought them in.Next week I start working a lot further away than that,so my spare pair will live permanently in the car. Simple,I know!

In a crisis though,where repair or replacement was non existent,a spare pair could literally be a life saver.

I'm in a similar situation, In my pack I have a smallish container for useful survival items, in it I have a pound shop glasses repair kit, well worth a look and adding one.... you never know when one of the retaining screws will go astray.. in addition to this I have a map reading magnifying film, its wafer thin and can be cut to fit in a wallet etc.
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Just bought some repair kit - I used to have a keychain optical screwdriver, but it fell off :roll: so just bought another couple, plus one of the repair *sets*. Very useful.
Squirrelcatcher

Post by Squirrelcatcher »

I carry a spare pair of foldable reading glasses, which come in a lozenge shaped container. Small enough to carry in the pocket. Available from all decent book stores.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

???, I don't get it, what is the advantage of the 2 piece specs with the magnets????
jansman

Post by jansman »

https://loopies.com/ Check this out. Absolute genius. After my first week in a new job that requires me to be constantly dealing with computer screens, they are a must-have!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I'm not sure I see any real advantage personally. They still hang around your neck, only they could slip off and you could loose them as they are open.
The joint will weaken over time, and from the video everybody touched the lens with their fingers thats going to leave fingerprints that would make CSI Brightons day ;)
jansman

Post by jansman »

I am going to give 'em a go.They will be rather useful for fishing too.The lanyard they are on is semi rigid,and each lens sits right against the collar,meaning that they don't swing out when you lean forward.That's particularly good when using machinery.As for getting lenses mucky- that happens with all glasses! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

What I liked about them was that the magnets seem to find themselves and it closes the clip and most important, they stay out of the way. It does take a little while to get used to them, but once you do it's very simple.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon