Viper tactical light????

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Deeps

Re: Viper tactical light????

Post by Deeps »

korolev wrote:I have a number of quality torches and I also have a number of cheapo sk68 from ebay. For about £1.50 a pop they are ideal for giving/lending/losing. I tend to have a few knocking about and buy them 5 at a time every couple of years.
Snap, I've got quite a few, I prefer the single mode ones and given away a fair few to friends and neighbours.
korolev

Post by korolev »

Deeps wrote:
korolev wrote:I have a number of quality torches and I also have a number of cheapo sk68 from ebay. For about £1.50 a pop they are ideal for giving/lending/losing. I tend to have a few knocking about and buy them 5 at a time every couple of years.
Snap, I've got quite a few, I prefer the single mode ones and given away a fair few to friends and neighbours.
Yeah, I just want on/off too. There's a simple mod you can do to change them:

http://devjoe.com/2014/09/20/cree-led-f ... k68-clone/
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

korolev wrote:
Deeps wrote:
Yeah, I just want on/off too. There's a simple mod you can do to change them:

http://devjoe.com/2014/09/20/cree-led-f ... k68-clone/
Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it for later. I've given away most the 3 mode ones, replaced them with single modes. :D
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Interesting hack. I have several of each, I tend to leave mine so they come on in strobe if it's a 3 mode job.
To be fair for the price those torches are pretty well unbeatable, and my original one has had a right hammering and is still going strong, the only problem I've had at all was one of the pocket clip screws working loose, that after about a year in my pocket with a load of keys and being dropped a few times....
korolev

Post by korolev »

Most of them will also take a 14500 battery too :mrgreen:
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Ok, somewhat unexpected result instead of replacing the viper torch they just sent me a refund. From the messages we exchanged I was expecting them to replace it.
This leaves me looking for another small right angle torch.
I don't really fancy buying another viper. This leaves me the manker EO3H, which is bigger and has a head torch band.
I'm going to have to have a think about this.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

They have been in touch and tell me the torch appears to be working and compared it to others it was the same power.
It would now appear then the Viper tactical molle torch has very limited use for me. It was too dim IMHO to walk around at night, yes you could just about see the path but you'd struggle really. Theres no comparrison to even the cheapy ebay crees with are miles brighter, indeed the keyring button torches are a lot brighter.

As a replacement I've clipped one of these into the molle, it's not a right angle but it's small light and supprisingly bright, I'd guess around the 100 Lms, ample to find your was around after dark.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-Min ... SwjI5avKv3
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I've taken a few punts on cheap torches on ebay/amazon. Some aren't what I thought but quite a few have been decent. Its always a bit of a risk buying online as you don't get a 'play', budget also comes into it and for what I need them for I don't need the ultimate super dooper torch.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Don't look on www.DX.com

Not ever no don't do it :D

Stuff takes upto a month and a half to arrive but meh

Managed to get a battery pack from them which I couldn't find anywhere
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine