Silva Compass Thermometer "Fail"

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Citizen H

Silva Compass Thermometer "Fail"

Post by Citizen H »

Silva Compass Thermometer "Fail" be warned

If like me your interested in the external temperature's whilst walking you probably have a thermometer attached to your Jacket / kit bag etc.... with the recent minus temperatures the Compass Thermometer purchased from millets for £8 Failed!

yes the thermometer still worked but the liquid in the compass froze !?! so to get my bearings I had to place the compass in my glove to thaw out,

I'm currently in talks with Silva to find out if this is known fault, Buyer Beware!
Attachments
Silva 3.jpg
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
Citizen H

Re: Silva Compass Thermometer "Fail"

Post by Citizen H »

Right, so Ive heard back from Silva, no real explanation only........ "that’s fine we can send you a replacement. Please can you provide me with your full address and I will get this set up." :!: so when it arrives its going straight into the freezer and see what comes of it, watch this space... more as it happens

Citizen "H"
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Citizen H wrote:Right, so Ive heard back from Silva, no real explanation only........ "that’s fine we can send you a replacement. Please can you provide me with your full address and I will get this set up." :!: so when it arrives its going straight into the freezer and see what comes of it, watch this space... more as it happens
Sadly thats what you get for customer service these days, I'm sending a torch back as it's very dim, all I got was have you tried fresh batteries?
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

sniper 55 wrote:
Citizen H wrote:Right, so Ive heard back from Silva, no real explanation only........ "that’s fine we can send you a replacement. Please can you provide me with your full address and I will get this set up." :!: so when it arrives its going straight into the freezer and see what comes of it, watch this space... more as it happens
Sadly thats what you get for customer service these days, I'm sending a torch back as it's very dim, all I got was have you tried fresh batteries?
I just didn't get it, how / why have a compass with thermometer built in if it freezes way before the lowest rated temperature, maybe I'm a roughty-tuffty type but I thought -2 wasn't so cold ?!?!?!? I did ask SILVA if this was a one off or is there an issue with mine? And as for Millets..... Walk away, their staff don't have a clue as to the products they sell and will happily sell you expensive shyt even if its not fit for purpose, on a brighter note I found a Euro Hike one that's going in the freezer tonight, lets see how this one fairs???? good luck with your torch.

Citizen "H"