My EDC bag. A brief tour on how i started and where i'm at.

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
jansman

Re: My EDC bag. A brief tour on how i started and where i'm at.

Post by jansman »

It's always good to see what others carry,and get new ideas etc. Its all about what works for you,and that is what counts.My own kit ( EDC,and car) has changed hugely over the years.

I used to carry the kitchen sink too,but not now.My Grandfather used to say that achap should " carry a shilling,a shutknife and a piece of string. " Not bad advice! Without boring detail,most of my car kit is in the pockets of my Barbour waxed jacket.That coat has been with me for years,and has seen seriously bad weather,been put under a wheel to get a car out of mud,and wrapped up an injured lurcher.Real survival kit!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Alex_Wolf

Re: My EDC bag. A brief tour on how i started and where i'm

Post by Alex_Wolf »

Deeps wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:46 am
Alex_Wolf wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:55 am
Jamesey1981 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:32 pm I have one suggestion, don't know what you carry food wise, saw the energy tablets, I carry those too, but I would also say to chuck in a couple of protein bars, they give you energy but it's not all from sugar so it lasts a bit longer.
I did start carrying some cheap (yet oh so tasty) cereal bars. trouble was they either melted or just plain old got eaten. Have recently changed to nutrigrain bars, they dont melt but are easily turned to dust if not kept somewhat protected. They're nice but not something i would go out of my way to devour. makes a decent snack.
There are recipes out there to make your own energy type bars if that's something you fancy, if you make them too nice then of course you might be tempted to just trough them anyway of course.
Hah yeah i have made them in the past, or something very very similar. They don't last long. the ones i have now are nice but somewhat bland, so keeps me at bay from destroying them.