The pliers in my pocket

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ForgeCorvus

Re: The pliers in my pocket

Post by ForgeCorvus »

sniper 55 wrote:I can't see it properly (small screen here) but it's not a demolition pliers/crimpers tool with the spike for making holes for the detonator? I have seen a tool like a pliers made just for that job but it was a good while ago.
The spike on Blaster's pliers tend to be made of brass, bronze or some other non-sparking metal
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I was always under the impression that fencing pliers had a hammer head and I agree with forge about the use of non ferrous tools for blasting work , not that I've done any but have experience with black powder cannon via re-enactment where pretty much all the tools were brass.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I seem to remember a leatherman demolition tool, don't think it had a brass spike though? It was a good while ago.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

sniper 55 wrote:I seem to remember a leatherman demolition tool, don't think it had a brass spike though? It was a good while ago.
Probably right about that, the SOG EOD has a steel 'C-4 spike'.
However these are modern tools for plastic type explosives that are a bit less sensitive then Dynamite for example
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Stainless spike perhaps? That seems to be much harder to get a spark off. Either way my pliers are hardly what one would call new or even fairly new.