New boots and flashlight

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
preppergb

New boots and flashlight

Post by preppergb »

Bought a new EDC flashlight, the security dudes at one of my clients offices were whinging about serrated bezel tacti flashlight I kept using.

https://www.nebotools.co.uk/products/lil-larry

And boots, Somehow I managed to end up having no boots in my kit, got rather a shock when the snow came.

https://www.regatta.com/samaris-mid-ii- ... on-spring/
sniper 55

Re: New boots and flashlight

Post by sniper 55 »

I've got the big larry, cracking work type light, bit big and heavy for a pocket though (although it goes in my jacket inside pocket) I actually ordered the lil larry but as they were out of stock they sent me the big one for the same price.
I've since found what I assume is a knock off copy of the lil larry for a few quid and got a few of those. They seem to work well enough for what I wanted.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Got a lil Larry, quite like it, keep it in my GHB. It throws a lot of light out for its size and seems robust. By preference I carry a smally cheap cree in my jacket pocket though, a lot better beam. Its whatever works for the individual though.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

preppergb wrote: the security dudes at one of my clients offices were whinging about serrated bezel tacti flashlight I kept using.
Wow! They actually examined your kit closely enough to see the serrated edge?
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Deeps wrote:Got a lil Larry, quite like it, keep it in my GHB. It throws a lot of light out for its size and seems robust. By preference I carry a smally cheap cree in my jacket pocket though, a lot better beam. Its whatever works for the individual though.
Theres some cheapy crees on ebay with the torch and the COB on the side for a flood light, not as bright as the lil larry but bright enough to be usefull and you have the beam.
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

Arzosah wrote:
preppergb wrote: the security dudes at one of my clients offices were whinging about serrated bezel tacti flashlight I kept using.
No mate I was using it in a cupboard next to reception to see a bit better whilst I marked up the walls for HD shelving, first they grumbled about it, then asked if I could remove the bezel so I did and the lens and LED unit fell out. Should have seen their faces when I whipped out my folding knife (UK LEGAL) to cut off some protruding rawl plugs. In the end I told em to go away or i would not do the job and they could explain to their boss why the new server shelving was not fitted.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

preppergb wrote:
Arzosah wrote:
No mate I was using it in a cupboard next to reception to see a bit better whilst I marked up the walls for HD shelving, first they grumbled about it, then asked if I could remove the bezel so I did and the lens and LED unit fell out. Should have seen their faces when I whipped out my folding knife (UK LEGAL) to cut off some protruding rawl plugs. In the end I told em to go away or i would not do the job and they could explain to their boss why the new server shelving was not fitted.

Every tradesmans tool box would give them sorts heart attacks

Pad saws chisels screwdrivers and cordless circular saws ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine