HEADTORCH 1000 LUMEN - ADVICE PLEASE

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Briggs 2.0

Re: HEADTORCH 1000 LUMEN - ADVICE PLEASE

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

fileyprepper wrote:Cheers Briggs, looks nice also I see they have a HC70 too. I will YT them both tonight to see what the reviews are like. nice find.
I've had mine for over a year and I use it daily, I'd definitely buy another one. It seemed good value to me as it does come with a battery.

I've not seen the HC70, I'll check that out as I'm thinking of getting a spare.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Most torches with high outputs usually have a default time on full power (usually a few minutes) then they drop to a lower power. I'd be guessing but I can't see you getting much more than two hours max at a real 1000 lm from an 18650, I'd expect a lot less than that if I'm honest.
The big question is do you really need a 1000 lms? I find a 150 is fine for moving around in safety, 300 is better and you can see the trail ahead better.
Do I carry a brighter torch... well yes, but it's not for walking it's for lighting up a problem, or searching for someone, so not used for long, and I carry a few spare batteries.

Fenix HP25R is claimed to be a 1000 lm on spotlight mode (90 mins runtime)
Led Lenser H14 R2 is another claimed 1000 lm (six hours in energy saving mode?)
Nitecore HC30 1000lm (one hour)
Xtar H3 1000 lm (three hours)
I don't own any of these but my choice would be the nitecore.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

fileyprepper wrote:Cheers Briggs, looks nice also I see they have a HC70 too. I will YT them both tonight to see what the reviews are like. nice find.
I quite like the look of the HC70 and how the battery pack doubles up as another charger. Maybe when I'm feeling flush and there's a discount offer!

Back to the HC60 - I find the performance claims by Nitecore are not embellished. When you add in the USB charging and it comes with a battery, then it's good value in my view.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
born prepper

Post by born prepper »

OLight H2R Nova, defo your best bet. I bought one of them a while back, and haven't looked back.

I know you are not interested in the turbo mode, but the H2R nova has 3 normal modes, which provide enough light for the majority of situations. I actually use it for hunting rats, along with another torch at times.

The runtime is close to 50 hours!

I did a review of the torch on my site, has a video, and plenty of pictures, hopefully it will help you make a decision as to what to buy.

Another great feature of the OLight is, it's rechargable via USB, which will make it good when I get my Solar charger!

Link Deleted
Survival and Preparedness Tips: http://bornprepper.com

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!
My blog contains Amazon Affiliate Links.