EDC knife

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
sniper 55

Re: EDC knife

Post by sniper 55 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
FB_IMG_1517957273479.jpg
Cutting nylon packing strap was only 2 weeks old max
Thats a weird looking fail. It almost looks like 2 pieces were joined together.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

sniper 55 wrote:
Yorkshire Andy wrote:
FB_IMG_1517957273479.jpg
Cutting nylon packing strap was only 2 weeks old max
Thats a weird looking fail. It almost looks like 2 pieces were joined together.
I've seen one like that in a sword, you had two different cracks.
The one near the point was straight in and is probably a little deeper then the bit that broke out, the other ran in and then hooked..... A little sideways pressure from cutting strapping and the 'door' opened just wide enough, "Plink!" and thats it.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Some very very good knives coming out of china these days, I have a £10 Sanrenmu which came out of the same factory as a mates £40 boker (just without the name), did some research and it turns out the company makes the knives for Boker then after the run just keep going....

Boker

Mine

Very common apparently as a LOT of well know brands are made in china these days...

Some options and well regarded knives

Sanrenmu (SRM) H02 £6.50 delivered :o

The most famous Sanrenmu , the 7010 (a locker tho) £6.38 delivered

Here you go :- http://budgetlightforum.com/node/26551
Diza_925

Post by Diza_925 »

Knife warehouse has got an offer on so an EDC knife is free with any order over £5... I ordered a lock knife to get the EDC knife, but here's my plan, gerber to go in my big out bag, lock knife I ordered is going to be my work carry and the EDC will be for everything in between!

Although some people turn their nose up at gerber I must admit I am impressed with the knife, it's a USA made, and handles a lot of tasks well for its size! I have moved the blade to 24 degrees with my sharpening kit and since this about 4 weeks ago I have not had to work the blade at all and it still cuts paper very well, the truth is with gerber is that no one gives them a chance any more but I have to say that was the best £10 I have spent, I will post updates on the knives I am getting as they are in the post!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Gear best has some crazy deals on quality EDC knifes. If you are looking for a hard working knife, if you search for D2 knife, thats an extremely solid steel for a working blade. If you just want something for food prep, cutting boxes, ect and don't mind sharpening the knife every so often, there are loads of 440 stainless blades and other 440 like steels.

https://www.gearbest.com/
Alex_Wolf

Post by Alex_Wolf »

I see alot of "Legal" knives but after reading about 5 different pages from .gov, it seems there's no way to actually carry any knife without the bill raising a brow.
I have thought about stealthing one in my bag, currently i have a £3 throw away knife from amazon. barely holds an edge but it's served me well for breaking down boxes and opening up shrink wrapped delivery. i carry it clipped to my belt and no one seems to care. now i'm no longer in retail i just keep to my Leatherman squirt ps4 packed away in my edc.

This one time i did freak out after forgetting i had it till almost going though a museum security gate. just hid it in my shoe the entire time.

Anyway, does the law state anywhere that carrying a "legal" knife in ones bag is allowed? obviously within reason but generally out and about, day to day travel.
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

I use lock knifes at home and when out camping etc, but for EDC use so as not to get into trouble I use a CRKT Liong Mah number 5 and a CRKT Journeyer both Uk legal, but even so I would not be daft enough to wear one in a nightclub..
korolev

Post by korolev »

Alex_Wolf wrote:I see alot of "Legal" knives but after reading about 5 different pages from .gov, it seems there's no way to actually carry any knife without the bill raising a brow.
You can carry a knife with a blade less than 3 inches which is "readily foldable" (ie don't need to operate any sort of mechanism - like a swiss army knife) . You do not need to have a reason (s139 Criminal Justice Act 1988 - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/19 ... ection/139).
OB might raise an eyebrow but they cannot touch you for it.

Of course, if you have a few shandies and wave it around in a threatening manner then all bets are off as it becomes an offensive weapon.

Also, private places, such as pubs, sport stadiums, concert venues or workplaces may refuse you access.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Ive always got a SAK in my pocket the small Tinker.

I struggled with what to carry for a long time, but found a guy selling leatherman at a bootsale and in the back of his car he had bags of SAKs. I bought the small tinker just to give it a go. Im very impressed and it has done more than i ever thought it might. Ive wired 12 new flats with telephone cables and sockets with that knife as i left my tools miles away in my car.
Since ive been back to find the guy selling and i have gone a bit nuts and now have the full size tinker the hiker a spartan or 2 the voyager a solo and even a couple of pruners. I was lucky enough to pick up the last army issue alox one he had and thats when he says "oh i got these last week" and he pulled out a bag of about 50 opinels, but thats another story 😂.
Check out the small tinker. Its basicly a spartan but has a phillips instead of a corkscrew.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.