EDC knife

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Deeps

Re: EDC knife

Post by Deeps »

xplosiv1 wrote:
Deeps wrote:
There's a fair few fans of Mora on here, I think they're great for the price. I know some aren't keen on the plastic sheath but there are some mods you can do on youtube with them that are interesting. I usually take one up the hills with me but like yourself I wouldn't carry one about town, I'm too pretty for prison. :o
I dont really mind the sheath at all, it does its job. I dont clip it to my belt or anything its mainly to stop me slicing my hands to pieces while rummaging around in my bag or jacket pockets
I'm the same, I don't carry them on my belt, its usually in a rucksack pocket so not an issue. If you're interested here's a simple mod, there are plenty of vids (natch) on youtube

xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

Cheers Deeps, I haven't seen that before. I know there are Mora models that come like that as standard (see below) but looking at it I actually would prefer the paracord version.

Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
Diza_925

Post by Diza_925 »

So a little update I got the gerber paracord mini, good little knife although it does lock, that's quite disapointing, I am still going to use it as an EDC knife though as I don't go out in built public spaces and police can only search on suspicion so I should be ok and it will be concealed. It's a great little knife and I'm putting my review on another thread later on.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Diza_925 wrote:So a little update I got the gerber paracord mini, good little knife although it does lock, that's quite disapointing, I am still going to use it as an EDC knife though as I don't go out in built public spaces and police can only search on suspicion so I should be ok and it will be concealed. It's a great little knife and I'm putting my review on another thread later on.
Up to you mate but you'd be breaking the law. For a small knife you'll probably only use occasionally, well its up to you but remember it doesn't have to be your fault to end up in a situation where the police can search you, if someone has a pop at you and they get involved.....

There are plenty of folk who know more about them than me (I'm a SAK cat) but there are a number of legal carry knives that others use, we've discussed it plenty times on here already, have a nose around.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

I picked up a Lansky world legal EDC knife last weekend, not exactly something you'd put in your pocket and forget it's got a bit of weight to it but I prefer my knives to have a bit of meat to them.

Not the sharpest out of the packet but nothing I couldn't sort out.

Area 11

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

xplosiv1 wrote:I picked up a Lansky world legal EDC knife last weekend, not exactly something you'd put in your pocket and forget it's got a bit of weight to it but I prefer my knives to have a bit of meat to them.

I killed mine but emailed the warranty arm of lansky and they replaced it having seen the picture
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
xplosiv1 wrote:I picked up a Lansky world legal EDC knife last weekend, not exactly something you'd put in your pocket and forget it's got a bit of weight to it but I prefer my knives to have a bit of meat to them.

I killed mine but emailed the warranty arm of lansky and they replaced it having seen the picture
Blimey that looks pretty solid, how did you manage to kill it?
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

FB_IMG_1517957273479.jpg
Cutting nylon packing strap was only 2 weeks old max
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

looks like the blade was over hardened causing stress fractures ...... either that or you put it in a vice and belted it with a hammer lol
Area 11

born prepper

Post by born prepper »

xplosiv1 wrote:I picked up a Mora Outdoor companion 860 knife a while ago, its not something I'd walk around with in my pocket especially in urban Scotland (it would get me 10 years) but I've found it great up the mountains. 4.1" stainless steel blade that's razor sharp out of the box, pretty durable hard plastic sheath and a very comfortable non slip rubberized handle

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

I was looking at one of these, but then I seen the TBS Boar and fell in love with it, but the price of the Mora is very tempting indeed!
Survival and Preparedness Tips: http://bornprepper.com

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!
My blog contains Amazon Affiliate Links.