German Para Boot (Fail)

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Citizen H

German Para Boot (Fail)

Post by Citizen H »

after reading reviews of the German Para boots I bought a pair and 1st impressions was these are really a good piece of kit,

Ive been walking to work for the last 3 weeks rather than cycling to build up a bit of stamina in case of snow etc,

walking in today one boot felt looser, I put this down to the laces loosening up,

How annoyed was I when I found one of the eyelets had come out of the leather, either there was no back on it or the head wasn't stamped over enough.

Needless to say there going back,

Has any one else come across this?
Attachments
Boot1.jpg
Boot2.jpg
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
gamekeeper752

Re: German Para Boot (Fail)

Post by gamekeeper752 »

Always hated hooks on boots,the bloody things catch on everything not the first time,that I've hammered them flat so the laces can wrap round like the good old days of Combat Highs.
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

gamekeeper752 wrote:Always hated hooks on boots,the bloody things catch on everything not the first time,that I've hammered them flat so the laces can wrap round like the good old days of Combat Highs.
I have a original pair of 1980's DMS. and agree, sad that they are no longer available... these I bought and as yet the suppliers not responding to my e-mails..... putting it down to the Christmas Rush etc, I'm hoping they can be put right as at £80 its not what I'd expected,

Citizen "H"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

gamekeeper752 wrote:Always hated hooks on boots,the bloody things catch on everything not the first time,that I've hammered them flat so the laces can wrap round like the good old days of Combat Highs.

I've got a couple of pairs similar to these, you don't need to unlace them, just loosen them off and those clips halfway up can be used to keep the laces tight on your feet. I think they're great, way better than the old 'high legs' which took a while to get on and off. If you get a chance have a look in a shop, for me they're really comfy and I'm in and out of them 3 times a day for walking the dogs.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Where do you get these boots from. Are they durable
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Stonecarver wrote:Where do you get these boots from. Are they durable
I got mine from the Navy, Haix is the brand, there are/were (dunno, left now) a couple of other similar companies too. I looked a while back and saw them for about £130 but I wasn't bargain hunting, just being nosey.
omega man

Post by omega man »

found them on ebay at various prices..
Citizen H

German Para Boot (Now Repaired)

Post by Citizen H »

Boot1.jpg
so after trailing around trying to get a boot rivet to match without much joy I had almost given up when quite by chance I was working on another project when I happened upon a similar rivet on a Jacon Machete Sheath, who are based in the UK.... the incredibly nice production manger sent me 12 rivets :D so the my boots are now fixed :D :D :D and I have spares just in case! :D :D :D

Only took 10 months to sort out!??!?!? :lol:

Citizen "H"
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

this is the Rivet as supplied by Jacon.
Attachments
Jacon 3.jpg

Citizen "H"