Wanted...... British Army Survival Knife

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Citizen H

Wanted...... British Army Survival Knife

Post by Citizen H »

On my Wants List is a genuine British Army Survival Knife, looks and condition un important and Im looking for something to work on rather than buy a new unissued one,

if you have one to offer then please PM me,
Attachments
survivalknife.jpg
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
sniper 55

Re: Wanted...... British Army Survival Knife

Post by sniper 55 »

Saw this recently. Don't know if they are still in stock though mate.

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/mod-surviv ... oduct,2294

Also I think Silvermans still have some.

https://www.silvermans.co.uk/collection ... val/knives
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:Saw this recently. Don't know if they are still in stock though mate.

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/mod-surviv ... oduct,2294

Also I think Silvermans still have some.

https://www.silvermans.co.uk/collection ... val/knives
I've got a couple of the 'pussers dirks' still that are getting punted for 30 quid a pop. :o We used to just get them from the 'ready use store', if I'd known how things would go I'd have grabbed a shitload of them to flog. :lol:
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

Still got mine too Deeps.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I'm digging how the pongo ones are going for 30 notes, the pusser's ones, a fiver for the same thing. :lol:
jansman wrote:Still got mine too Deeps.
Its a nostalgia thing now more than anything, there are some handy tools on it, but better multitools out there.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Deeps wrote:
I'm digging how the pongo ones are going for 30 notes, the pusser's ones, a fiver for the same thing. :lol:
Its a nostalgia thing now more than anything, there are some handy tools on it, but better multitools out there.
Its not really a multitool, more of a multi-pick knife like a SAK...... Only built like a battleship

My Dad used to work for The Grey Funnel Line...... Thats why I want one.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
Deeps wrote:
Its not really a multitool, more of a multi-pick knife like a SAK...... Only built like a battleship

My Dad used to work for The Grey Funnel Line...... Thats why I want one.
I'll have a rummage mate, I know I've got 1 and about 90% sure I've got a second, if I can find it I'll send you it. It might take a wee while, my crap is scattered round the place.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Agreed Deeps,there are better tools.I much prefer the SAK now.Although back in the day my pussers dirk easily smashed open tin cans when we were starving hungry!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:Agreed Deeps,there are better tools.I much prefer the SAK now.Although back in the day my pussers dirk easily smashed open tin cans when we were starving hungry!
The SAK has more uses definitely. I think I've 'spun the dit' on here before but I was glad I'd lost my SAK and had a pussers dirk in my pocket the day I got my finger caught in the blades of a hedge cutter, I was able to force the blades off with the marlin spike. I might have struggled with a SAK although I've avoided the issue by not sticking my fingers in a hedge cutter.