Wanted...... British Army Survival Knife

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
jansman

Re: Wanted...... British Army Survival Knife

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote:
jansman wrote:Agreed Deeps,there are better tools.I much prefer the SAK now.Although back in the day my pussers dirk easily smashed open tin cans when we were starving hungry!
The SAK has more uses definitely. I think I've 'spun the dit' on here before but I was glad I'd lost my SAK and had a pussers dirk in my pocket the day I got my finger caught in the blades of a hedge cutter, I was able to force the blades off with the marlin spike. I might have struggled with a SAK although I've avoided the issue by not sticking my fingers in a hedge cutter.
Nasty!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Deeps wrote:
I'll have a rummage mate, I know I've got 1 and about 90% sure I've got a second, if I can find it I'll send you it. It might take a wee while, my crap is scattered round the place.
Thanks mate, no worries if you can't though.

Why does the stuff you own expand to exceed the space you have ? :oops:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:
Deeps wrote:
jansman wrote:Agreed Deeps,there are better tools.I much prefer the SAK now.Although back in the day my pussers dirk easily smashed open tin cans when we were starving hungry!
The SAK has more uses definitely. I think I've 'spun the dit' on here before but I was glad I'd lost my SAK and had a pussers dirk in my pocket the day I got my finger caught in the blades of a hedge cutter, I was able to force the blades off with the marlin spike. I might have struggled with a SAK although I've avoided the issue by not sticking my fingers in a hedge cutter.
Nasty!
Got a paid week off work that nobody thought I'd get. It was a summer job in the early 90's and the 'tradition' was if you were off you wouldn't get paid, I had bills so was keen to point out that I'd had zero training on the gear and was going to get all uppity. Apparently I nearly list the end of my finger so got signed off, it would have been 5mm max but I'm calling it life threatening. :lol:
ForgeCorvus wrote:
Deeps wrote:
I'll have a rummage mate, I know I've got 1 and about 90% sure I've got a second, if I can find it I'll send you it. It might take a wee while, my crap is scattered round the place.
Thanks mate, no worries if you can't though.

Why does the stuff you own expand to exceed the space you have ? :oops:
Its my own fault, I've kind of expanded my stores and being a lazy git I've not kept on top of things. What was my 'fortress of solitude'/other spare bedroom has got a bit overrun since I've stopped watching football up there and the garage is equally daunting, it all needs sorting though. :(