My new EDC keychain...

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Fredex

My new EDC keychain...

Post by Fredex »

Just something I made as a convenient and compact everyday carry to hold my keys. Perfect pocket size and not remotely conspicuous...

...but seriously I wanted to share this as the results of just wrapping paracord around a crowbar were surprisingly effective. I only did it to give it a better grip as it was very slick before but then thought I might as well tie off the remaining length to use for carrying what is otherwise an awkward object to get into a bag. What I didn't expect is that the bottom knots (which are not actually essential to keeping the grip in place since I pulled it so tight) further prevent your hand slipping down, the keyring can be slipped onto a finger to give extra stability if used as a striking tool and seems to give some extra leverage if used for prying. If I'd planned ahead I might have left enough length at both ends of the wrap for a keychain or carabiner for better and more secure hanging with some extra cord to unravel to provide leverage at either end. Now I don't much feel like redoing it though since wrapping it and feeding the excess back under was a bit of a pain.

Image Image
Arwen Thebard

Re: My new EDC keychain...

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Nice post. Thought I had a free afternoon now........ :mrgreen:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"