Freecycle

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
peejay

Re: Freecycle

Post by peejay »

We used to post stuff on there to get rid of (useful/useable, not just getting rid of rubbish) but got fed up with no-shows & time wasters so gave up on it.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Interesting experiences there.I guess it must be a lot to do with where you live.We are in a wealthy area,no mistake about that.I recently picked up a Clarke table saw,with cabinet stand from the next village. Mint condition.I even offered the fella cash as I felt guilty! But no,he wanted it gone.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I've had mixed experiences with Freecycle. Like a few here, I got fed up with trying to gift stuff and I now take things to a couple of local charity shops, after checking if they want it first ;) Failing that, if it's metal I leave it out for the scrap man otherwise it's binned.
I did meet a lovely lady at my old house when I placed a wanted for tree fruit and she replied with a gift of as many Bramleys as I wanted. It became an annual affair and since I moved, I miss her and the Apples. I did put a wanted on the local Freegle, but got no response, it being a city group, I suppose that's to be expected.
I respond to wanted and look at offers but don't put offers up anymore.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Franch

Post by Franch »

I actually posted some unused shelves on Freecycle yesterday and someone was round to pick them up a few hours later. If you have an active group it's a great way to declutter quickly and not have to lug everything to the charity shop. Plus a lot of charity shops won't take electricals and I have given away a hoover, microwave etc on Freecycle. I was clearing out my understair cupboard making room for tools and prep stuff - so it's on theme too.