Vintage Berghaus

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
pseudonym

Vintage Berghaus

Post by pseudonym »

I've gradually been reducing my collection, mainly of the cedar green models.

Trying to look less militarised TBH

Having already picked up a blue Munro:

I spotted this beauty, the Berghaus Scorpion:

Reply from Berghaus is below (my bold):

Thank you for your patience in our response.

The Cyclops Crusader was launched in 1986/7, several years after the Falkland War (1982) and was in nylon.

The Crusader was a military version of the Cyclops Scorpion which was available a few years before the Crusader but again only in nylon.

The Cyclops Roc was made much earlier and was available in canvas in it's early years and in the early 80's was available in both fabrics for the consumer to choose.

Kind Regards
The Berghaus Team

For a doddering old git it's not doing too bad..... neither's the pack:p
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
xplosiv1

Re: Vintage Berghaus

Post by xplosiv1 »

nice pack, you should send it into a seamstress to have the padding replaced and the stitching on the straps reinforced. I had an old bag done a few years back think they only charged £10 and it was like brand new after that.

Or you could do it yourself if your handy with a needle and thread, I figured it would probably take me so long to do it myself id be better off getting someone else to do it for me.
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

My first decent rucksack was a 51L Berghaus that I got in about '82/83, loved it and abused it in equal measures ( :shock: ). I left it on a train in about 2003, I was gutted, even though it had a broken buckle for the lid and was getting V tatty. My fave bag now is a Lowe Alpine job, although I've got an old skool Karrimor Condor which ways a ton compared to modern bags that is very comfortable. Ahh, rucksacks....

pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

xplosiv1 wrote:nice pack, you should send it into a seamstress to have the padding replaced and the stitching on the straps reinforced. I had an old bag done a few years back think they only charged £10 and it was like brand new after that.

Or you could do it yourself if your handy with a needle and thread, I figured it would probably take me so long to do it myself id be better off getting someone else to do it for me.

Padding's fine TBH.

Already sewn the loose bits. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.