Zebra Billy can Modedified

Post by Citizen H »

I just found this, and thought it worth sharing,
Attachments
Zebra Moded 4.jpg
Zebra Moded 3.jpg
Zebra Moded 2.jpg
Zebra Moded 1.jpg
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
ukpreppergrrl

Re: Zebra Billy can Modedified

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

I've seen people turn a large tin can into a pizza oven. It's all done exactly the same way. You can even just use a flat stone as the base and another flat stone to close the 'oven' door. Those didn't have the thermometer though!
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

ukpreppergrrl wrote:I've seen people turn a large tin can into a pizza oven. It's all done exactly the same way. You can even just use a flat stone as the base and another flat stone to close the 'oven' door. Those didn't have the thermometer though!
Kinda Cool thinking outside the box, makes a decent alternative to just using it to boil up in, respect!

Citizen "H"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

A good find, as already said, I've seen (but not tried) similar things on a larger scale. Its all good knowledge to have stowed away in the back of the mind. Have you seen the cardboard box ovens ? Again, never tried but they do kind of fascinate me.
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Deeps wrote:A good find, as already said, I've seen (but not tried) similar things on a larger scale. Its all good knowledge to have stowed away in the back of the mind. Have you seen the cardboard box ovens ? Again, never tried but they do kind of fascinate me.
Awesome, I did have a quick look see on You tube and my give it ago....... way back in 1979 when I was 12, Paul Stewart and I camped out for a week in the woods near our homes, our parents were ok about this as long as we behaved our selves ?!?!??! one evening we had some potatoes and was going to just chuck them on the fire, I suggested building an oven with some bits of metal and brick that was to hand, we chucked some ashes inside and covered to whole thing in mud, leaves etc, not sure how long it was before we went back to it but it did the job and with some baked beans it was the best food ever. Happy care free days.... that I sadly miss,

Citizen "H"
MAiwick

Post by MAiwick »

At guide camp we used to make a whole roast dinner using a metal dustbin covered in a pit, covered with the sod from where we'd dug the hole. Worked a treat and fed dozens!