Track records for different vehicles/years

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
sniper 55

Re: Track records for different vehicles/years

Post by sniper 55 »

The problem as I see it with bugging out by vehicle (here in the UK) is our roads are fairly narrow and will become totally impassable at the first sign of a major drama.
I don't know if the plan to close off parts of the motorway network is still in operation but it was many years back, and my suspicions are that big chunks would still get closed off in a situation where it was needed.
I don't know where the OP lives but where I am in Wales we had our local fireworks display the other day. Result? all roads for about three miles around jammed solid for probably three hours, and that was just a small local fireworks display, people running for their lives would be much worse.
Obviously a lot will depend on whats happened, a small local flood managed by the police should make leaving the area fairly easy-ish. On the other hand a major attack or the streets running with zombies will probably mean the police will leave joe public to find their own way out and the roads will be chaos in five minutes flat.
unsure

Re: Track records for different vehicles/years

Post by unsure »

sniper 55 wrote:The problem as I see it with bugging out by vehicle (here in the UK) is our roads are fairly narrow and will become totally impassable at the first sign of a major drama.
I don't know if the plan to close off parts of the motorway network is still in operation but it was many years back, and my suspicions are that big chunks would still get closed off in a situation where it was needed.
I don't know where the OP lives but where I am in Wales we had our local fireworks display the other day. Result? all roads for about three miles around jammed solid for probably three hours, and that was just a small local fireworks display, people running for their lives would be much worse.
Obviously a lot will depend on whats happened, a small local flood managed by the police should make leaving the area fairly easy-ish. On the other hand a major attack or the streets running with zombies will probably mean the police will leave joe public to find their own way out and the roads will be chaos in five minutes flat.

that helps confirm my thoughts . stay home for as long as poss , let the worst blow over then , head out if we still need to .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .