Austrian Army Leather Combat Boots Grade 1

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Citizen H

Austrian Army Leather Combat Boots Grade 1

Post by Citizen H »

I currently have a pair of inherited 1980's British army DMS high leg boots that really work form me, I know that like everything else they wont last forever, they've served me well and in the event of not being able to by these anymore Ive been looking at other options, one of which is the Austrian Army Leather Combat Boots.

So has anyone tried these out? what's the reviews, any better alternatives ?

let me know,
Attachments
Boots.jpg
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
jansman

Re: Austrian Army Leather Combat Boots Grade 1

Post by jansman »

When I was a member of HM Armed Forces back in those days we bought our own boots. Today I would buy modern walking boots. Not ex army. They are cheap crap. They have to be as governments have to watch costs. But value my advice for what you paid me for it...
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

I have a pair of these.

They are very well made and extremely robust but there is a weight penalty - they are twice as heavy as Boots Combat High. I rarely wear them now as I'm not hacking about high mountain passes in ankle-deep snow, which is what they are made for. I honestly wonder whether I'll wear them again. Lightweight approach shoes/heavy trail runners seem to me to be much more practical now.

If you do buy a pair, be aware their sizing is very small and buy a couple of sizes up - especially if you'll be wearing thick socks. Try them on if possible.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:When I was a member of HM Armed Forces back in those days we bought our own boots. Today I would buy modern walking boots. Not ex army. They are cheap crap. They have to be as governments have to watch costs. But value my advice for what you paid me for it...
I've got some Haix boots that are issued now, I think they're way better than what I got issued 'back in the day'. I know what you're saying about cost saving but I don't think they've skimped on the boots, I've worn them up hills and as my everyday dog walking boots (I'm out about 4 hours a day most days) and they're about half the weight of the old 'High Legs'. I've looked online for the price and they ain't cheap but when I kill the couple pairs I have I'd bite the bullet and buy another pair.
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

After chatting with some ex military types over the weekend Ive been advised that the German Army high leg boot may be the road to be taking and the average rating for value, build quality and performance is a positive 8/10,
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"