Carabiners

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Rykard

Carabiners

Post by Rykard »

Hi guys,
what sort of carabiners do you use? I can only seem to find cheap weak ones or really expensive climbing ones.

cheers
Rich
pseudonym

Re: Carabiners

Post by pseudonym »

For what purpose?

I use alpkit minis and dutchware for tarp and hammock use, and climbing ones for all other activities.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Rykard

Post by Rykard »

hanging stuff off my rucksack, securing tarps stuff like that. I only seem to be finding ones that have weak springs atm..
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

I have various proper climbing ones and some cheaper stainless "S"biners hang your kit on types, shop around on ebay, army surplus etc, just bare in mind the age of some of these and although at one point in time they would have been tested, this doesn't mean they now retain their strength and durability, if in doubt by new ones for climbing. all the best "H"
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
DarkArcher777

Post by DarkArcher777 »

I carry a non locking one on my workbag mostly so i can clip my bag to my belt when i sleep on the bus. Stops the wronguns snatching it
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Give a man religion and he will starve to death waiting for God to feed him.

Why are stupid people so fertile?
Rykard

Post by Rykard »

anyone post a link up please? I don't want to buy something that is 3cm long again :-(
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I scrounged a load that came with keyrings, they are about 3 inches long, plenty strong enough to pick up a bag full of heavy shopping (my use for them is to fasten the bags shut stops stuff falling out in the car) no good for climbing obviously.
Rykard

Post by Rykard »

sniper 55 wrote:I scrounged a load that came with keyrings, they are about 3 inches long, plenty strong enough to pick up a bag full of heavy shopping (my use for them is to fasten the bags shut stops stuff falling out in the car) no good for climbing obviously.
where did you get them, do you have any picks?
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I got them off a friend who had a load made to advertise her business, they have a carabiner at one end, a length of nylon webbing and a keyring on the other end of the webbing, I've seen the exact same ones with Royal Navy badges on them.
Just found this link, these look very similar to the ones I've got, not identical but very close.
https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-80mm-Cara ... B006VH6VUY
Rykard

Post by Rykard »

sniper 55 wrote:I got them off a friend who had a load made to advertise her business, they have a carabiner at one end, a length of nylon webbing and a keyring on the other end of the webbing, I've seen the exact same ones with Royal Navy badges on them.
Just found this link, these look very similar to the ones I've got, not identical but very close.
https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-80mm-Cara ... B006VH6VUY
that sounds exactly what I'm after, shame they aren't in the uk :(