ProPur water filters

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ForgeCorvus

ProPur water filters

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I found This, and thought I should post it.

So, even though we live in a country with possibly the highest standard for tap water, what are your Pros & Cons of running a kitchen filter system ?

Would you buy a bulk water filter? And if so would it only be as a prep?

Discuss.....
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
pseudonym

Re: ProPur water filters

Post by pseudonym »

I suppose it depends on your water.

Where I live it's hard and ruins a kettle in 6 months.

My filters stay boxed until really needed.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Our tap water is fine, no issues although Her Maj prefers to put bottled water into the (American) fridge freezer to use the water/ice but she's a bloody madam (not a madame.... I think...). Some parts of the UK the water is pretty howkin' so I can understand why it would be attractive.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

The water round here tastes foul so we use a filter jug at the moment but intend to have an under sink filter put in, not to improve the safety just flavour.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Ridiculously hard water here, I use a filter jug for the kettle and the kettle also has a filter.
For drinking water my fridge is plumbed in and has an inline cartridge filter that stops it clogging up with limescale too fast.
I have been thinking about getting a softener or filter put in on the mains.

Not worried that the water isn't drinkable, but the limescale is annoying and can cause problems.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jamesey1981 wrote:Ridiculously hard water here, I use a filter jug for the kettle and the kettle also has a filter.
For drinking water my fridge is plumbed in and has an inline cartridge filter that stops it clogging up with limescale too fast.
I have been thinking about getting a softener or filter put in on the mains.

Not worried that the water isn't drinkable, but the limescale is annoying and can cause problems.
When I was working darn sarf, I used to use a water filter before putting it in the kettle or even just to drink but as you say, its drinkable, just I've probably been spoilt.
peejay

Post by peejay »

It's interesting. Coming from London which is well-known for it's "liquid-concrete" water, since moving to the midlands almost 20yrs ago I've NEVER descaled a single item other than my Nespresso machine for the hell of it (after 2yrs).

It can certainly vary hugely depending on location...