Bug out bag

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
JonoMathew

Re: Bug out bag

Post by JonoMathew »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
JonoMathew wrote:
Deeps wrote:Don't know if you'll be able to get a hundred percent waterproof bag, at least not for a reasonable price but you can get dry bags to put in the rucksacks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Karrimor-Dryba ... s=dry+bags

Of course, other sites/companies are available, this is just an example. A lot of rucksacks have a cover or you can buy them separately.
Thanks mate, I will order one now. Thats a great help. J
Look in home bargains ours has 20l and 5l ones in...

How is your Bob coming along?

What are you packing in it,, don't get too carried away. Personally I'd start with a hotel bag aka a extended overnight bag with paperwork

Say your house burns down/ floods / suffers storm damage / or your taken ill and taken to hospital and kept in...

Now where are you going? The hills? Or a friend's / hotel/ sports hall rest centre/ hospital?

Now what are you going to do with that big knife / axe/ cross bow / tent / 30 ways of making fire? ?

Or would you rather have a few changes of clothes/ wash bag / phone charger / copy of insurance policy / your pajamas and any medication and change for the coffee machine? ;)

:)
Thanks for your help.

I have a BOB packed but it is mainly food, water, painkillers for a long term back injury, knife, general everyday items like clean underwear and waterproofs. The plan would almost certainly to head to my BOL which is a property out of town. The current bag I have isn't really big enough for 4 litres of water added.

Part of the problem with myself is I would make a quick exit on my motorbike which limits the size of bag I have. I have seen a superb Viper bag online but don't have the 70 odd quid this close to end of the month. It would work brilliantly.

In fairness I can carry much more than ppl think on my bike as I have alot of storage but should I have to ditch the bike I can't throw the panniers over my shoulders. Got to be realistic.

I will probably hold out until the end of the month and get the Viper bag. Probably shouldn't rush into buying something that isn't really suitable.

Thanks again
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

I've got one of these - it's specifically for my motorbike but it serves it's purpose as a bug out bag too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxford-Aqua-3 ... Sw03lY45Uj

It's fully waterproof and a good size, but I'm moving away from this now because the organisation in there is non existent. It's also too big really. There is a backpack version of this bag that's a bit smaller, but I think the other comments are sound - a rain proof bag with roll sacks to keep specifics dry inside is a better all round option.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.