Canvas Belt

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Rykard

Canvas Belt

Post by Rykard »

Hi,
I am looking for a canvas belt (44-46") with a plastic buckle preferably, or good quality metal one. I can only seem to find leather or fashion items.. What am I missing? where should i be looking?

I should have kept my eye out at the bushcraft show, but as always didn't want anything at the time..

cheers
Jamesey1981

Re: Canvas Belt

Post by Jamesey1981 »

The old Swedish army webbing set up came with a very solid canvas belt, has a small leather (or possibly leatherette,) section which attaches to the buckle, then the belt folds over itself and attaches with clips so that it's adjustable for length.
The webbing sets are getting hard to find now as a lot of people have bought them for the pouches to attach to LK35 packs (as have I) military mart did have them and they were selling the full set up for about eight quid, but you might well find the belts on eBay as people were buying the kits just for the pouches, failing that your local surplus shop will probably have a few knocking about.

Probably a bit too hefty for your purposes, they're pretty wide, have eyelets set into them and as they're doubled over they're pretty thick too, but might work, it's the only decent canvas belt I've seen for a while, but then I like leather belts so I don't look out for them all that much, but I would say that if you can't find or don't like the look of that one then head to your local surplus shop, it'll be a good bet that they'll have something that will suit lying around.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
whenfires

Post by whenfires »

It might be worth searching for "security belt" or "tactical belt". They tend to be black or camo but might be what you are after as they have quick release plastic buckles in many cases.
Twitter: @whenfires
Disclaimer: May contain Amazon affiliate links harmful to wealth
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I have to say I thought we were being 'whooshed', the first thing I thought of was a webbing belt, either 85 or 58 but other options are available
yorkshirewolf

Post by yorkshirewolf »

The viper ones are good, i use them to tie the dogs to when out running with them.

Spare buckles are available too.
Rykard

Post by Rykard »

the viper ones look interesting. cheers guys
raz

Post by raz »

Id agree with yorkshire wolf the viper ones are cheap and durable.. think most belts are made from cordura nowadays
DrPreppers

Post by DrPreppers »

Not canvas but made from the same grade material that seat belts are made from - very strong, flexible and durable, more so than cordura- I am doing a test on one at the moment.
All good so far, but not the cheapest of belts.
UKOM Black Widow Tactical Sidebloc Belt - 45mm 1.75"
Evasion is an art form, a true artist may follow his pursuers.