Best Leatherman

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
jansman

Re: Best Leatherman

Post by jansman »

TBH, I have tried to like my leathermans,I really have, but they are just too heavy. Swiss Army ‘Hunter’ is my go to. Mind you, as Deeps said, “ what works for you.”
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
DarkArcher777

Post by DarkArcher777 »

Deeps wrote:
DarkArcher777 wrote:
I'm a younger fellow in my late twenties so your right the law may look upon me as somebody out for no good. But you make a valid point on the SAK i have one so perhaps i should carry that instead. I just find them too bulky to carry in a pocket. I also have small SAK on my keys.

I carry a Spartan although some of the other slim ones aren't much thicker. For extra 'fluffiness' I have a small torch attached to it, its rarely a hindrance and when it is I unclip it.there's no right answer, its whatever works for you.[/quote]

I'll look in to a lighter SAK, even if it doesn't work for me owning one won't hurt. Unfortunately this is London 2017 stabbings are getting a bit stupid crazy and the police are going to start pulling fewer punches when it comes to blades. Leatherman blades lock regardless of their use. Shame a few morons have to ruin it for the rest of us.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Give a man religion and he will starve to death waiting for God to feed him.

Why are stupid people so fertile?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

DarkArcher777 wrote:
Deeps wrote:
DarkArcher777 wrote:
I'm a younger fellow in my late twenties so your right the law may look upon me as somebody out for no good. But you make a valid point on the SAK i have one so perhaps i should carry that instead. I just find them too bulky to carry in a pocket. I also have small SAK on my keys.

I carry a Spartan although some of the other slim ones aren't much thicker. For extra 'fluffiness' I have a small torch attached to it, its rarely a hindrance and when it is I unclip it.there's no right answer, its whatever works for you.
I'll look in to a lighter SAK, even if it doesn't work for me owning one won't hurt. Unfortunately this is London 2017 stabbings are getting a bit stupid crazy and the police are going to start pulling fewer punches when it comes to blades. Leatherman blades lock regardless of their use. Shame a few morons have to ruin it for the rest of us.[/quote]

Its definitely something to bear in mind, anything that looks even remotely 'tacticool' like the legal carry knives that are easy to 'flick out' will attract attention, even if its legal you have to consider your 'justification' if you're stopped. People have grown up with SAK's and if you hang a few bits and bobs from it, it looks even less 'angry', like I say, I've got a wee torch attached to mine. Knowing the law is also helpful but making sure you're not being a gobshite about it is also the way ahead. All this is just my opinion and you have to think about what you'll be realistically using it for, if you want a knife/multitool in your pocket on a night out then its going to be a different knife/multitool than the one you'll use at work or out in the field. I'm not trying to talk you into or out of a SAK mate, just make sure that whatever you go with works for YOU and YOUR environment, on a night out my most used SAK function is the toothpick 99 times out of a hundred. :lol:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Deeps wrote:[on a night out my most used SAK function is the toothpick 99 times out of a hundred. :lol:
Or the tweezers for picking broken glass out of the O.H.'s feet ;)

Mrs Andy carries a Swiss camping little one loves sweet corn = toothpick

Middle of Tesco Saturday morning "mummy my finger hurts!". She had a loose thread from her dress wrapped round and round it to the point it was going blue! Knife blade to slice it away to the shocked look of others
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine