Best Leatherman

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Mad Medic

Re: Best Leatherman

Post by Mad Medic »

I carry a Leatherman Rebar EDC I think it's called everyday on my belt and Mr. Bobby Law can stop me as many times as he or she wants........it's specifically designed for UK market so no blade of any type on it. May have an issue with the awl in it but the first time I get stopped I'll let you know.

Oh and so I have a blade Spyderco UK legal penknife clipped in my pocket......both combined equals reasonably happy MM!
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional........and a much overated concept in my opinion!
Lea_123

Post by Lea_123 »

I have a Gerber Bear Grylls ultimate multi tool , I like it - but having never had a different one I wouldn't know how to compare ! It has spring loaded pliers , couple of knives, a saw, Phillips and flat screwdrivers, bottle opener, can opener, scissors and wire cutters , they all feel and seem solid and are fixed so can't snap on my fingers (I'm clumsy so that's important :oops: ) it serves its purpose for what I would need on a daily basis
DarkArcher777

Post by DarkArcher777 »

I've been carrying a leathean wimgman since July, missus Archer bought me one for my birthday. Tje blade is locking it has scissors amd screwdrivers as usual. It is sturdy as hell amd i use it at least half a dozen times a day. I would hogjly reccomemd one.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Give a man religion and he will starve to death waiting for God to feed him.

Why are stupid people so fertile?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

DarkArcher777 wrote:I've been carrying a leathean wimgman since July, missus Archer bought me one for my birthday. Tje blade is locking it has scissors amd screwdrivers as usual. It is sturdy as hell amd i use it at least half a dozen times a day. I would hogjly reccomemd one.
The locking blade is a bit of a deal breaker for a lot of us due to the legality side of things. If you can justify it then fine but I'd struggle.
DarkArcher777

Post by DarkArcher777 »

Deeps wrote:
DarkArcher777 wrote:I've been carrying a leathean wimgman since July, missus Archer bought me one for my birthday. Tje blade is locking it has scissors amd screwdrivers as usual. It is sturdy as hell amd i use it at least half a dozen times a day. I would hogjly reccomemd one.
The locking blade is a bit of a deal breaker for a lot of us due to the legality side of things. If you can justify it then fine but I'd struggle.
I spend alot if my time dealing with pallets so having a sturdy knife to cut through wrapping and packing straps helps an awful lot. I only carry it to and from work when im in my uniform and have a valid excuse for carrying it. I dont have any real use for it outside of work.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Give a man religion and he will starve to death waiting for God to feed him.

Deeps

Post by Deeps »

DarkArcher777 wrote:
Deeps wrote:
I spend alot if my time dealing with pallets so having a sturdy knife to cut through wrapping and packing straps helps an awful lot. I only carry it to and from work when im in my uniform and have a valid excuse for carrying it. I dont have any real use for it outside of work.
Fair one mate, I rarely have justification to carry a locking blade so stick with a SAK, its in my pocket whenever I leave the house, lacks the pliers but has most things I need. Horses for courses.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Deeps wrote:
Fair one mate, I rarely have justification to carry a locking blade so stick with a SAK, its in my pocket whenever I leave the house, lacks the pliers but has most things I need. Horses for courses.

:oops: I forget I've got the OHT on my belt most of the time, and I have the SAK in my pocket too, as I've said before a middle aged bloke who avoids trouble is unlikely to have an issue, I think unless you got some knob looking for an excuse to be awkward, police can usually tell the difference between someone carrying something handy, or someone "tooled up" but then best not push your luck if you are out and about a fair bit and don't have such an innocent face and demeanour as me :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Plymtom wrote:
Deeps wrote:

:oops: I forget I've got the OHT on my belt most of the time, and I have the SAK in my pocket too, as I've said before a middle aged bloke who avoids trouble is unlikely to have an issue, I think unless you got some knob looking for an excuse to be awkward, police can usually tell the difference between someone carrying something handy, or someone "tooled up" but then best not push your luck if you are out and about a fair bit and don't have such an innocent face and demeanour as me :lol:
Yeah, I'm a middle aged 'fine upstanding citizen' type, I'd still rather not risk things and as someone who goes to football, football fans seem to get cut less slack than most so I like to be extra careful. I'm happy to discuss with Officers if it ever comes up and I'm aware of the law but even if the only outcome is travelling to an away game only to be refused entry I'd rather avoid it. The SAK covers all my needs anyway for day to day stuff and is a bit more 'fluffy' and acceptable to most but the Leatherman type multitools have the pliers which are V handy. All down to personal preference and I do fancy a smally set of the Leathermans to put in my GHB.
DarkArcher777

Post by DarkArcher777 »

Deeps wrote:
Plymtom wrote:
Deeps wrote:

Yeah, I'm a middle aged 'fine upstanding citizen' type, I'd still rather not risk things and as someone who goes to football, football fans seem to get cut less slack than most so I like to be extra careful. I'm happy to discuss with Officers if it ever comes up and I'm aware of the law but even if the only outcome is travelling to an away game only to be refused entry I'd rather avoid it. The SAK covers all my needs anyway for day to day stuff and is a bit more 'fluffy' and acceptable to most but the Leatherman type multitools have the pliers which are V handy. All down to personal preference and I do fancy a smally set of the Leathermans to put in my GHB.
I'm a younger fellow in my late twenties so your right the law may look upon me as somebody out for no good. But you make a valid point on the SAK i have one so perhaps i should carry that instead. I just find them too bulky to carry in a pocket. I also have small SAK on my keys.

Deeps

Post by Deeps »

DarkArcher777 wrote:
I'm a younger fellow in my late twenties so your right the law may look upon me as somebody out for no good. But you make a valid point on the SAK i have one so perhaps i should carry that instead. I just find them too bulky to carry in a pocket. I also have small SAK on my keys.[/quote]

I carry a Spartan although some of the other slim ones aren't much thicker. For extra 'fluffiness' I have a small torch attached to it, its rarely a hindrance and when it is I unclip it.there's no right answer, its whatever works for you.