LuminAid Solar LED "Pillow" Torch

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ChefSimon

LuminAid Solar LED "Pillow" Torch

Post by ChefSimon »

Following on from a comment in "how are you prepping" I've done this little post on an item which was bought for me as a present (secret santa) So I am assuming less than £5 but is a great addition to my kit.

It's called the luminAid and is basically an inflatable pillow with a LED light Solar charged battery built in. Folded up it's about 5 inches long, by 2.5 inches wide and about half an inch tall. Inflated it's roughly 10x8x4 inches, with a handle on the end.
Optimized-IMG_1993.jpg
The pillow when inflated defuses the light and basically acts like a normal room light when the pillow is hung up. I use it in the tent, car, outside hooked to a tree when out at night.

It takes about 2 hours in the sun to fully charge and gives me about 8 hours of light from a charge (it's never gone run out of charge on me yet as I've always fallen asleep or gone home before it has got that far!
Optimized-IMG_1994.jpg
Optimized-IMG_1995.jpg
As always I look forwards to hearing your thoughts...
Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

No plan survives first contact.

Bug in before bugging out. Meet the problem on your terms!
Medusa

Re: LuminAid Solar LED "Pillow" Torch

Post by Medusa »

What a brilliant secret santa gift! I've had my eye on those for a while but haven't been able to find them for less than about £15.00
Growing old disgracefully!
shocker

Re: LuminAid Solar LED "Pillow" Torch

Post by shocker »

Heard about these last year but thats the first I have seen, didnt realise they were so inexpensive...thanks for taking the time C.S
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***