Real World Test of 24hr BOB A Review.

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Arzosah

Re: Real World Test of 24hr BOB A Review.

Post by Arzosah »

ChefSimon wrote:- what was your experience of the solar charger, was it good enough to use on the move? Is it one of those that fits on the back of your pack?
Fantastic! Hooked it onto the webbing on my bag and left it be whilst walking. Downside is it's possibly a little big for the needs, however it has 3 USB ports on it so it can charge multiple items at once. It's big enough that it does charge my MacBook battery if it's the only thing plugged in.
I forgot to ask the logical follow up question ... what brand and model, please? :mrgreen: Tech stuff just doesn't stay in my head long enough to do research and go to the shops and check things out and *then* buy ... I have to stand on the shoulders of others on this!
ChefSimon

Post by ChefSimon »

Arzosah wrote:
I forgot to ask the logical follow up question ... what brand and model, please? :mrgreen: Tech stuff just doesn't stay in my head long enough to do research and go to the shops and check things out and *then* buy ... I have to stand on the shoulders of others on this!
It's a Kingsolar 25w 4 panel charger, I got it a couple of years ago from Amazon on a daily deal. Think I paid about £20 for it. Oh, one correction... It is a dual USB, not 3 port. My mistake, it was a typo. Folded it's about 25x15x4cm, open it's 50x25x0.5cm
Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

No plan survives first contact.

Bug in before bugging out. Meet the problem on your terms!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks Chef!
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

Well done- this is an excellent post!