Crossbow shooting in South Wales.

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Plymtom

Re: Crossbow shooting in South Wales.

Post by Plymtom »

I know I'm banging on (pardon the pun) but the gun club route may seem expensive, you'd be surprised, as I was told you can spend far more money supporting a football team just going to home matches, then there's the safety training aspect it's members have to go through, which these days applies right down to BB guns and we do apply it, yes you do have to have a check done upon you before acceptance, and believe it or not most clubs actually expect members to go for licenses, get their own equipment and use it regularly to remain members, as you would expect it's a far cry from buying an air rifle and bunging it in the back of the wardrobe in case TSHTF and you think you can feed yourself with it :lol: I truly distance myself from the DDprepper image, We shoot for fun, as a social activity, as is the law everything is properly secured, and would be extremely difficult to access in a home invasion or aggravated burglary scenario, and we have all seen TEOWAWKI films anything less that the hollowed out volcano in the middle of an ocean full of sharks with laser beams and the odds are pretty grim :lol:

My aim here is to get people out there interacting, using these things as they are intended in this country, you'll have fun, you'll learn to be safe, you'll make friends, and with luck you'll learn to balance, being a bit better prepared for what might as a long shot happen with the reality of just how woefully unlikely any family would be to get through a bad one, and just enjoy the activity for what it is!

Another thing I encourage for folk who think about feeding themselves post SHTF is a safe, legal experiment, get out to the woods with a camera and "shoot" these animals which you expect to keep you alive, but do it in a way you would have to to get in position for an accurate shot, for archery, that's pretty damn close, and for everything it's a skill, and honestly we're having so much fun putting holes in paper that shooting anything living barely enters our head,if we fancy a bit of game meat, the butcher is still far less hassle, and if you factor in your time and expense if you equip yourself for that approach alone, the butcher works out cheaper :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
SWalesRob

Post by SWalesRob »

I'll be honest hunting with the crossbow in SHTF isn't my reason for needing a longer range. I think that in the U.K. the local wild life will be hunted to extinction within two weeks with not a thought of leaving any alive to breed and feed you the following year.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Bob what part of South Wales are you? A mate of mine has a farm in the Merthyr area.
SWalesRob

Post by SWalesRob »

sniper 55 wrote:Bob what part of South Wales are you? A mate of mine has a farm in the Merthyr area.
I'm from just outside Nelson. Not far from Merthyr. Would your mate be willing to let me use a bit of his land to shoot? If so we could have a bit of a meet n shoot once or twice a month. I have a mate who would be up for it too.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Hi Rob I'll ask when I see them mate. (few days)
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

sniper 55 wrote:Hi Rob I'll ask when I see them mate. (few days)
Got to say it's good to see this sort of thing happening, good luck with it!
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Drcamburn

Post by Drcamburn »

Last edited by Drcamburn on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you work, you eat, it's as simple as that.
SWalesRob

Post by SWalesRob »

Drcamburn wrote:See it's all about making some connections. I feel a uk-preppers crossbow retreat coming on. :)
You never know where these things go. Start small and realistic and you won't get to disappointed if it all goes pear shaped.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

PM sent mate. :)