Swedish Army Meths Burner SVEA NC65

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
FlashPan

Swedish Army Meths Burner SVEA NC65

Post by FlashPan »

Hello all,

Am looking for a bit of advice as my googling skills are obviously getting rusty.

I just acquired a Swedish Army NC65 meths burner/cooker. Am now looking to get simmering ring/lid for it as well. Am seeing lots of info for the trangia 25 and 27 models. So am hoping that a simmering lid from those models may fit.

Does anyone know of a simmering lid for the NC65 and I guess while I am at it ;) replacement O rings as well?...oooohhh cheeky! :shock:

Cheers :)
Gordon's Alive!?
Brambles

Re: Swedish Army Meths Burner SVEA NC65

Post by Brambles »

Save your money and don't buy the Trangia simmer rings as they don't fit. I believe the Tatonka simmer ring fits though, but they cost more than the stove! :shock: . You can buy the 'O' rings from Military Mart.
I have one and if I want to reduce the heat, I just slide the bottom of a tin over half the burner if I need to. HTH
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
shocker

Post by shocker »

Yes, the Tatonka fit but they are not cheap. I am currently experimenting with DIY simmer rings. Anything from a soup tin lid slid over up to a tuna tin with a pop riveted tin lid as the pivoting cover. I open the cans with the tin opener on the side to give me a disc of metal with a rim to stop it buckling so much ion the heat...watch out for those sharp edged tins though !

I made a few from empty tins cut down to tuna tin size with holes punched/drilled in the sides but I have yet to try them - the list of projects in progress is getting silly and I have run out of meths. Again. And no, I am not drinking it, before anyone starts. This time. :oops:

Yes, M. Mart is better for O rings, the ones FettleBox sent me were too small, I should have bought a spare when I got the stove...oh well. A good resource (you probably know already) is http://classiccampstoves.com forum.
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

The nearest to a fit tin-wise I have found so far has been the frou-frou cat food Gourmet Gold. It got to the point a while ago when I had the lid on me every time I went shopping. Got some funny looks I can tell you. :?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
shocker

Post by shocker »

Yes, Gourmet Gold is a much better fit but Mrs Shocks is so sick of my clutter that she throws them out (crushed!) before I can get to them :(
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
FlashPan

Post by FlashPan »

Thanks for the advice all :) I did actually use a small jam jar lid to put the thing out when I waa testing it

Looks like I need to add cat food to the shopping list now. :)

Cheers
Gordon's Alive!?