Folding locking knife suggestions 4-5"

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
preparedsurrey

Re: Folding locking knife suggestions 4-5"

Post by preparedsurrey »

Gearbest.com list them for just over a fiver.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

preparedsurrey wrote:Gearbest.com list them for just over a fiver.

I paid £9 from fasttech.com and they come up on Gearbest the same when I search, but a EM-01 comes up at just over a fiver, is that the one you mean....if not do you have a link cause I would buy a few ELs at a fiver each... :D
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Well I've got an Enlan EL 01 and an EM coming, not so expensive I'm going to worry about damaging or losing them and hopefully good enough to hold an edge.

Seen some lovely lovely knives though...
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

preparedsurrey wrote:Well I've got an Enlan EL 01 and an EM coming, not so expensive I'm going to worry about damaging or losing them and hopefully good enough to hold an edge.

Seen some lovely lovely knives though...

Were they any good, ???
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Ok been using them for a bit now.
Both knives, locking mechanism is good and positive, doesn't feel like it's going to not engage properly at any point. Feel quite rugged and decent quality, both arrived sharp and seem to hold a good edge, they will both fetch the hairs off my arm easily.
The smaller EM01 is easy to open and close one handed with just muscle memory, ie I can do it without thinking about it which is handy when you are up a ladder or holding other tools.
The EL I can open ok one handed (but a thumb stud through the blade would have been nice but is probably more a personal thing really), closing it I'm finding awkward it is possible one handed but 2 are easier.
For the money I can't find anything to complain about.

I'll try and update when I've worn the newness off and they've had some abuse.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

preparedsurrey wrote: The EL I can open ok one handed (but a thumb stud through the blade would have been nice but is probably more a personal thing really), closing it I'm finding awkward it is possible one handed but 2 are easier.
How are you opening it, as its a flipper, I find it just as easy as a thumb stud, prefer thumb tho as flipping can look a bit flick knife-ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq007DJu-gU
Mr spyder

Post by Mr spyder »

Depending upon budget but I have a old mtec four inch folder been used abused and still sharp enough to shave cost a tenner on the other side of the scale spyder could are all good