New crossbow purchased advice please on scope/laser

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Covert

Re: New crossbow purchased advice please on scope/laser

Post by Covert »

Jamesey1981 wrote:
Covert wrote:Update still havent decided on a scope , but have bought a Weihrauch hw97k seems to be a good gun so far
Good choice, look after it and it'll last you a lifetime.
You'll get used to the weight! ;)
Ha ! Are you sure ?
It's really heavy but I'm loving the quality. Already had it to bits although it doesn't look like it's been used much .
Have had the silencer apart and re-felted it which seems to have quietened it down a bit
It's .22 As well as my mate shoots .22 so thought it would be wise to get the same calibre
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

The moderator isn't much use really, it makes a small difference but it's mainly a barrel weight, you can get a push fit moderator that's made specifically for them but I would say not to worry about it, you can make it as quiet as you like but you'll still get the thunk of the piston cycling.

Mine is .177 but it really likes air arms diabolo field pellets, so it's worth trying some of those out to see how it handles them, I never use anything else now.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
SWalesRob

Post by SWalesRob »

I have a panther 175lb crossbow that came with a dot sight. I was looking for an scope as I figured if things do go pear shaped I may struggle getting batteries. I looked at lots of scopes a I was given a scope that looks just like that one but no BSA logo on it. I was going to try it out for a few weeks while I found a decent one. That was Xmas time and to be honest it's a nice little scope. It's easy enough to zero and holds the zero well. Yes it's not going to be as good as £150+ scopes but it's good enough to hit a 6" target every time from 50m. If your going to spend £750 on a bow get a good scope but for a bow at our price range the script got is good enough. I would suggest getting one and if you don't like it you have only spent a few quid and you can use it on your pistol. Spending money doesn't make you skilled. Practice makes you skilled. Spend time not money.